Chapter 23 - Heaven's Bitter Path

Hey guys! Here's a brand new chapter for you all. Enjoy!

----------------------

Erza slowly awakens and she finds herself tied to a wooden pole by her arms. She finds Sho as well as Ping in the room leading on a wall with her arms folded and her eyes closed. "Sho?"Erza asked slowly regaining consciousness.

"Nice to see you awake, sister." Sho said.

Erza looks up to Sho who is still inside the room looking at her. "Sho, can you please untie me? I don't plan to fight back. Please?" Erza requested and it has sounded more like she was pleading.

Sho confidently eyed her. "No, I can't do that. I can't trust the words of a traitor. those restraints are the same ones that Millianna used on your friend. There's no getting out of that."

"Then can you at least let me change into my armor? I'm scared to go back to that place without it." Erza asked hoping that Sho would at least give her the chance to do so.

Sho surprisingly got down and he hugs her. "Believe me I don't want to do any of this, I have missed you so much, sister. I just want to know one thing..." Sho was sounding more as if he regretted doing any of this. "WHY DID YOU BETRAY JELLAL!?" he asked while screaming at her in rage, which was to complete opposite of his sincerity a few moments ago.

After he asks this Erza flashes back to a moment in her past and she remembers a blue haired boy telling her that they get their freedom back.

-------------------------

Inside the base of the magical council situated in Era, the magical council and its members were now discussing the current situation. "Is this true!?"

"Yes. We have heard reports of its existence."

"The R-System."

"Yes... it would seem so." Ultear said as she was also on the council

One of the members of the magical council brought it up inside a dark grey magical seal. "Its location is on an island situated in the sea, off the Caelum coast."

"So those wizards who were part of that magic cult long ago are planning to activate it?"

"No, we have heard reports that those wizards who were involved in the Akane incident are now occupying the R-System as we speak."

"Tower of Heaven." They all heard and they all looked to Siegrain who was also on the council. "It is the Tower of Heaven, not the R-System." He corrected.

"Whatever it is called. It is a weapon that must be destroyed Siegrain, even though it was built by your twin brother Jellal."

When this was said, it surprised several members of the council.

-------------------------

Meanwhile on the shores of the Tower of Heaven were Sho, Simon, Wally, Millianna who was hugging the unconscious figure of Happy.

"I can't believe it, you actually completed it." Erza said with some fear evident in her voice.

--------------------------

At the same time, Roxas, Gray, Lucy, Ariel, Natsu and Juvia were on a boat, following the scent that Ariel and Natsu had followed.

"Are you guys sure we're going the right way?" Lucy asked looking around and saw nothing but ocean.

 Natsu's response was a weak 'yes'.

"I'm positive, guys. The scent is definitely going out this way," Ariel responded.