Chapter 26 - The Power Within

Hey guys! I'd like to thank my loyal readers for sticking with me. Before we begin, props go to MysticKai for giving me most of the ideas for this story.

----------------------------

Near the top of the tower a pair of loud screams were heard. Natsu and Roxas were seen running to Jellal. Natsu's fist was surrounded by flames which he used to punch Jellal in the face, but he managed to duck under it. Jellal later avoided a blue fire punch that was thrown by Roxas, however this distraction gave Natsu the opening he needed. The Dragon Slayer engulfed his right leg in flames and kicked Jellal causing him to fly through the air. As he did, Natsu was punching him relentlessly this sent him to a crystal sticking out of the ground. He opened his eyes and saw a blast of blue flames speeding towards him, they all exploded on him. Natsu stood in front of Roxas before the Fox Slayer threw a punch and sent a huge gust of wind to Natsu, creating a Tailwind that propelled the Dragonslayer at a much faster speed while running to Jellal.

"Fire Dragon's Wing Attack!" Natsu chanted as his arms were engulfed in flames which he sent to Jellal. He managed to block it but the flames threw him off balance but as Natsu was on all fours close to Jellal, he wasn't done yet. "...and...Talon!" both his feet were covered in his flames and he quickly raised them upwards to kick Jellal forcing him to another crystal wall. Natsu was upside down while Roxas stood next to him. "Fire Dragon's Roar/Nine-Tail's Howl!" After Natsu puffed his cheeks, a huge burst of flames shot from his mouth to Jellal while Roxas took a deep breath and created a huge blast of blue fire. The combined fire attacks made a huge explosion where Jellal was standing.

When the flames faded on Roxas and Natsu's side they maintained a serious look.

Jellal's silhouette could be seen through the flames, he moved his right arm through them as if they did little damage while also throwing off his jacket revealing himself to be wearing a tight sleeveless shirt with black fighting gloves. "Are you being serious?" he asked maintaining a smirk on his face.

"Our attacks didn't even faze him?" Roxas asked in slight disbelief.

"Natsu Dragneel... Child of Igneel. Roxas Eragon... Son of Arceus." Jellal began and caused both of his opponents to flinch. The dark wizard held out his right hand. "I wanted to know what it is like to fight the both of you before I destroyed you, but this is nothing to fear at all."

"Say what!?" Natsu yelled. He sprinted over to Jellal.

"Natsu wait!" Roxas exclaimed.

"How dare you interrupt the ceremony?" Jellal began as his right eye was now showing the symbol of Zeref. "I will use my Heavenly Body magic to tear you to shreds!" "Meteor!" he body was surrounded by a bright yellow outline which made him avoid Natsu's attack. Once he was out of the Dragon Slayer's sight he charged into his back, head first while lying back.

After the hit Natsu turned around to face Jellal but he was faced a kick to the face before Jellal followed with a punch and a kick while flying through the air and disappearing from Natsu's sight, Natsu fell to his knees looking at Jellal flying around using he Meteor. "Damn he's too fast!" but as he said that, he saw Roxas kick Jellal while he was in the air however, he grabbed Roxas's leg after the kick before throwing him to a crystal tower which collapsed on impact. Jellal charged to where Roxas was and saw he was gone.

"Huh? Where did he..." he sensed Roxas's presence behind him. Jellal turned to fight Roxas but, the fox slayer threw a punch, which made contact with his stomach which sent Jellal flying back, but he flipped into a position where he could kick off the crystal wall with both his legs, once he did he threw a hard punch to Roxas which sent him sliding across the ground.