Chapter 27 - Return to Magnolia

This chapter marks the end of the Tower of Heaven arc and the immediate beginning of the Fighting Festival Arc. Hope you enjoy.

-------------------------

"Natsu... Roxas?" Near the shores of the sea, Erza opens her eyes to see that she was carried by both Roxas and Natsu. They both looked back at her with smiles. 'What happened...?' Erza thought. 'They... saved me? They both managed to find me inside the vortex of magical power? Incredible.'

Everyone who was on the boat, pulled up to the shore and got off and meet with Natsu, Erza and Roxas. "We're the same." Natsu said after he and Roxas let Erza down of their shoulders. "We're all the same." He repeated, about to break down into tears.

Roxas placed his hand on Natsu's shoulder. "What he means is: You said that you couldn't have lived without Fairy Tail. A world without your friends is unthinkable... Well the truth is that Fairy Tail can't live without you." The whole group was getting closer to them; they all had smiles on their faces. "I don't think... no! I know that Fairy Tail would never be the same without you. And so Natsu and I made our choice, we weren't going to let you die, you were going to come back to Fairy Tail no matter what."

Erza had tears streaming down her left eye. "Erza... Never do something like that again." Natsu said.

"Natsu..."

"EVER AGAIN!" he yelled with the tears coming down his face.

"Okay, I promise." Erza pulled both Natsu and Roxas into a hug. "Thank you Natsu, Roxas." Everyone then got into a group hug, laughing and crying.'That's right. You don't die for your friends. You live for your friends. Because that's how you create a happy future!'

--------------------------

Three days following that night. Natsu was asleep and was snoring very loudly on a bed. Inside the room were Erza, Roxas, Gray, Ariel, Lucy and Happy. Erza, Natsu and Roxas were covered in bandages.

"Is he going to be okay?" Happy asked.

"He slept for three days straight." Lucy commented.

"That's what the freak gets for eating Etherion." Gray said.

Natsu suddenly rose up from his slumber and sat up. "What'd you just say, Gray!?" he yelled.

"He's awake!" Happy said flying over to him.

"Does that mean, Pyro could hear us the entire time?" Ariel asked.

"I wouldn't be surprised." Roxas said with a laugh.

Suddenly Natsu collapsed to his back and fell to sleep again.

"He's asleep!" Happy yelled.

Gray had a vain show in his head. "If you don't have it in you to pick a fight, don't get up!" he shouted.

Lucy and Misty giggled. "I really caused everyone a lot of trouble this time, didn't I?" Erza said while smiling.

"Come on, how many times have you said that already?" Lucy said giving a smile to Erza.

"For those of you counting, that makes eleven times." Happy stated. He now got a glare from both Lucy and Ariel.

"No one asked you, feline!" the water dragon slayer hissed.

"What'd I say?"

"Let it go Happy, this is one fight you can't win." Roxas said as he patted the blue cat.

"Speaking of which, what happened to her?" Erza asked looking at Gray.

"Oh, you mean Juvia?"

"Yeah, now that you mention it, I've been wondering where she has been?" Ariel added.