Chapter 28 - First Kiss

Disclaimer: Hey guys! Firestorm40 here with a new chapter for you all. This story has become very popular, thanks to you guys. Please review and let me know what you think. Enjoy!

-------------------------

On the streets of Magnolia

"I can believe he did that to you!" Lucy shouted angrily, as she stomped down the street to her shared apartment as Roxas and Plue watched her.

After Roxas caught up to Lucy, the blonde noticed how her roommate's arms and jacket sleeves looked. She nearly went into a panicked when she grabbed his arms and looked him over, despite Roxas telling her that he was fine. Lucy took a deep breath before she asked him what happened.

Roxas told her what happened at the park and once he finished, she hopped up in anger at Laxus.

"Lu, clam down. I'm fine really." Roxas told her again, hoping to stop her rant.

Lucy looked stopped pacing and looked over at Roxas. "That jerk not only hurt Gajeel and you, but nearly Levy too! I mean I know Gajeel was wrong for what he did to the guild, but that was still wrong. And then, he does this to you when you were trying to help!"

Roxas just grinned at the girl and shook his head. "You really do have a big heart, Lu. That's one of the thing I admire about you." He placed his hand on the girl's shoulder. "It really means a lot that you cared if I was okay. But look, I heal fast."

Lucy looked down at his arms and saw that not a single injury he got from Laxus' lighting bolt was there. "Well, okay. If you say so."

Noticing the slightly sad look on Lucy's face, Roxas frowned. Not that he thought about it, the two of them hadn't gone on any jobs lately. He then got an idea. "Hey, since we got time tomorrow, how about we go on a job together?"

Lucy's face brightened. "...Just the two of us?" A blush crept on her cheeks.

Roxas grinned and nodded. "Sure!"

Lucy thought about it for a second and smiled back. "Okay, sounds great!"

"Punn~" Plue said.

-------------------------

Later, Roxas, Lucy and Plue had entered their apartment at close to night time, Lucy and Plue were looking around while being cautious of their surrounding expecting something like an ambush, much to Roxas' amusement. When it looked to be safe, Lucy sighed while Plue stood there shivering.

"No one's here." Lucy said in relief. "And why do I come home always feeling tense?"

"Well, Phantom Lord, That whole business with Jellal... not to mention that Natsu almost always breaks into this place." Roxas said.

"Yeah. I have been through a lot."

"I'll get started on food." Roxas said.

Hearing that, Lucy looked at her childhood friend in shock.

"Wait, Roxas. Do you know how to cook?" asked Lucy intrigued.

"Yeah," replied Roxas grinned, not giving importance to the look he was getting from the blonde.

"Come on, you can't be serious," said Lucy with a doubtful smile. "Do you really know how to cook?"

"What, don't you believe me?" Roxas asked, looking at the blonde.

Lucy put a hand over her mouth to hide her smile. "No way! When we were kids you almost set my mom's kitchen on fire!"

--------------------------