Chapter 30 - Melee in Magnolia

Hey guy! Here's a whole new chapter for you all. Enjoy!

--------------------------

At a small café somewhere in Magnolia, two men who were sitting at a table were discussing what was going on at Fairy Tail. They mentioned that the members of the guild were fighting one another, but one of the men thought it wasn't serious. A woman who was standing by them with a child stated that it wasn't just a normal Fairy Tail quarrel; she tells them that they have been seriously going at each other.

------------------------

Back in the guild, Roxas, Natsu, Happy and Makarov were standing in front of the invisible wall that showed Freed's runes on it. Happy was reading the results of the battles that were going on all over the city. "Max vs. Warren. Winner: Warren. Vijeeter vs. Nab. Winner: Nab. Laki took out four, Macao vs. Wakaba's battle is in progress." Happy read.

"Enough Stop this, you foolish children!" Makarov said in rising anger.

"Damn it." Roxas said.

"Rune traps have been set up throughout the city." Happy began to explain. "And the ones who are trapped inside are forced to fight." Makarov and Natsu were getting mad while Roxas looked to be thinking. "This is the Battle of Fairy Tail Laxus was talking about."

"But why! I don't get it!" Natsu said looking angry.

"Natsu..."

He slammed the side of his face against the wall and it showed red runes where his body was touching it. "I wanna join, too!"

Roxas, Makarov and Happy were surprised that all Natsu wanted to do was fight. "That's what he's upset about!"

"What's with this invisible wall?!" Natsu was panting after putting all his energy into going through the wall.

Makarov stretched his hand and smacked Natsu on the back of his head. "And what do you plan to do by joining in?"

"It's a tournament to see who's the strongest!"

"How is this a tournament!?"

Makarov folded his arms. "This is all just Laxus' plan to get us to wipe each other out!" Roxas questionably looked at Makarov. "Unless we can defeat the Thunder God Tribe within the time limit, Erza and the other girls will turn to dust. Everyone is doing what they can to prevent that. It'll need something more than our usual way of thinking to take control of the situation!" Makarov knew for sure that Laxus was going to follow through on his threat. "At this rate everyone who was turned to stone will crumble to dust. There won't be an easy way to restore them."

Natsu didn't believe what Makarov said about Laxus. "Laxus acts bad, but he ain't gonna go that far." Makarov and Happy looked at Natsu. "Yeah, he gets on my nerves, but he's a fellow guild member. It's a bluff, honestly."

"Natsu..." Makarov said.

"No. I believe him." Roxas said. "Maybe there is something we are missing, maybe he knew that we would all fall for this, I mean he even had me going for a second there. Deep down I'm sure he wouldn't want anything to happen to his guildmates."

Natsu sped to the wall to try and go through it again. "This is just a Fighting Festival, but why can't I get out!?"

"I can go through it normally!" Happy said mocking Natsu.

"People over 80 years old can't pass through... Does that mean I'm over 80!? Aah!"

Happy flew next to Natsu. "I don't think you are, but..."

Makarov looked at Roxas and Natsu. "You both don't believe Laxus will go that far?"

More runes appeared on the wall. "There's 2 hours and 18 minutes left." Happy read. "And there are 42 people and 3 outsiders left."