Chapter 38 - Natsu vs Roxas

Hey guys! Firestorm40 here with a new chapter. Anyway, we are nearing the conclusion of the Dark Roxas Arc, enjoy.

------------------------

Chaos had fallen on Magnolia, with Roxas unable to control himself; he had lost all reason and restraint as he had carelessly attacked his friends. Luckily, there was one person left that stood in his way.

"I won't hold back Roxas!" Natsu roared as he sprinted to the Fox Slayer, his hands engulfed in flames. "Fire Dragon's Iron Fist!" His right first was engulfed in flames, but Roxas, who was still in his Fox Cloak, held Natsu back with a huge gust of air. The amount of wind he put out was also able to put the flames on Natsu's right fist out.

Roxas shot two 'tails' forward, hitting the Dragon Slayer, forcing him backwards into the ground. Natsu got back up with some small rips in his waist coat. He jumped to his feet from his back.

"Is that all ya got?" Natsu taunted. Roxas took this as a challenge and slammed his fists onto the ground, causing three columns of twisted earth speed towards Natsu, but Natsu engulfed his fist in flames and punched the earth protrusions to pieces. He saw Roxas slowly rising into the air. Natsu took advantage of the time Roxas had given him and sprinted to Roxas once again. His right hand was engulfed in his flames yet again. "Fire Dragon's..." Roxas raised his cloak claws  and used them to guard his face; this forced a smirk from Natsu as his punch impacted Roxas' arms but the flames had fizzled out. Instead, Natsu powered up his flames on his right foot. "...Talons!" He swung his leg to make contact with Roxas' gut, sending him to a building where his back made a loud impact. "Are you ready to snap out of it yet?" Roxas got to his feet while breathing heavily. "So that's a no."

Roxas took a deep breath. "Nine-Tails' Crimson Howl!" He expelled black, crimson flames from his mouth.

Natsu retaliated with his own fire breath. "Fire Dragon's Roar!" Both fire breaths collided making a cloud of steam. Natsu charged through the cloud after they ceased their attacks. Natsu was engulfed in flames before spearing into Roxas and colliding into his stomach. But as he was pushing Roxas back, the Fox Slayer's feet dug into the ground slowing down both of their momentums. Roxas clasped his cloak claws over his head and use them to slam them down onto Natsu's back.

Right after the Dragon Slayer hit the ground, a 'tail' propelled him high into the air. Roxas shot into the air and sped towards Natsu. When he saw Roxas getting closer, Natsu hatched an attack. "Fire Dragon's Brilliant Flame!" After engulfing both his hands in fire and forming a colossal fireball, he then chucked it at Roxas. Making an explosion that made Roxas stagger in the air, he fixed himself up to keep from falling but Natsu, his face distorted in rage, speared into Roxas with orange jets of fire discharging from his feet.

Both battlers were speeding through the air as they headed for the East Forest. "They are going to crash into the East Forest!" Happy cried, seeing the sight.

"Then that is where we will go.," Erza said after she re-quipped back into her regular armor.

"We're coming with you," Lucy said with Ariel and Gray and Happy beside her.

"Fine," Erza agreed. She looked back at the others to see Cana and Levy helping the wounded.

"We're fine here you guys can go ahead," Cana said, holding an unconscious Mira over her shoulder.

Erza nodded and she, along with the others that agreed to go, followed her.

"Cana, you think Natsu can beat him?" Levy asked.