Chapter 40 - Light vs. Dark: The Final Battle Part 2

Disclaimer: Hey everyone! Firestorm40 here with a new chapter for you all. Anyways, this chapter will wrap up the Dark Roxas arc and move into the next one. Enjoy!

------------------------

Roxas emerged from the maelstrom, but he was changed. Blue flames was surrounding his body, when suddenly, a golden aura appeared outside of Roxas' fox flames. The golden aura manifests a gentle, flame-like contour while the blue fire maintained as violently fluctuating and jagged. His hair was blowing through the wind his power gave off and hard blue, slitted eyes drilled into Zervik red ones.

"I'm going to end this here and now!"

------------------------------

Zervik's eyes narrowed as he observed Roxas and the power he was giving off. The fox slayer was standing in the exact spot he had been and the darkness that had once engulfed him was now being burned away by the power of his new power.

"Hmph. You've changed somehow...I don't know what happened, but the darkness doesn't frighten you anymore." Zervik said.

Roxas looked down at his hands. "I'll admit this. I always thought darkness was something I never wanted with me. But after getting some sense talked into me, I realized that both light and dark go back to back. But I prefer to be one who walks in the light and order to do that...." He looked over at Zervik with a cold glare. "I won't run from the darkness anymore...or lose to it!"

Zervik snarled at him with malice. "Don't get cocky because you got a little power-up! If you think that feeble light with help you from the darkness I wield, think again!" He roared before he fired a beam of crimson fox flames at where Roxas stood and erupted like a storm surge of a hurricane, rocketing  towards Roxas, who just glared at the blast, before he was then lost amid the red light of the attack.

The explosion shook the area and sent shockwaves everywhere. Soon, there was a low rumbling noise as the smoke cleared and revealed a startling surprise.

Roxas stood in the exact same spot, not even fazed by the attack, with the glared still present of his face.

"What!? No way!" Zervik stuttered.

"Now," Roxas said, as he cracked his knuckles, "It's my turn to fight back." He suddenly vanished, causing Zervik to look around for him. Soon Zervik felt a presence behind and turned, right as Roxas' light-power blue-fire fist drilled right into his cheek, snapping his head back around with a sickening crunch of bone on bone, blood mixed with saliva flying everywhere.

The moment his fist hit, Roxas put more pressure behind it and the doppelgänger went flying, drilling straight into the ground in a massive spray of earth. The fox slayer didn't hesitate, he channeled his magic before inhaling.

"Nine-Tails' Howl!"

The blue blast of fox flames soared across the hall towards Zervik, who was pulling himself out of the ground.

"What!?" The dark mage had no time to doge and quickly sent his claws forward, "Crimson-Tails' Claws!"  The claws collided with the blast as Zervik was lost in the explosion that shook the ground and made an even bigger explosion, strong enough that the shockwave from it was able to send deep cracks through most of the walls in the structure.

As the smoke cleared, it revealed Zervik's claws were still out, but with major damage to them. Dropping the magic spell, Zervik stood up glared at Roxas with fury in his eyes.

"AAGGGHHH!" Zervik roared, "I WILL KILL YOU, ROXAS!"

He then charged at Roxas with intense speed and raised his right fist ready to strike. When Zervik punched Roxas in the face, Roxas didn't even flinch. Zervik then continued to throw punches/slashed at Roxas. However, with ease, Roxas dodged the claws. In one swift movement, Roxas smacked Zervik across the face that sends him flying to the ground once more. As Zervik got up from the ground and wiped his mouth, he saw blood on his hands. In rage, Zervik raised his face towards Roxas and summoned another blackish one and an dark red one, appeared in front of him. "Crimson-Tails' Black Howl!" he yelled before firing the large deadly blast of black flames.