Chapter 39 - Light vs Dark: The Final Battle Part 1

Hey guys! Firestorm40 here with the conclusion of the Dark Roxas Arc. Special thanks to MysticKai. Enjoy!

----------------------------

Roxas climbed back up to his feet and glared Zervik who smirked. "Now that the distraction is gone, we can finally settle things once and for all." Zervik said, emanating crimson flames from his body.

Roxas stood up straight, before getting into a battle stance himself surrounded by white/blue fox- fire. "I'm not losing to you. You're part of my heart! Part of the light!"

"Ever the fool, bastard!" Zervik growled, before they charged at each other with battle cries.

---------------------------

The two counterparts then threw a punch, causing their fists to slammed into each other and the shockwave from the colliding blows raced out throw the dark area.

The two then bounced away from each other and got ready for attack.

Roxas glared menacingly at his dark counterpart as he rose to his feet, fury brimmed off his eyes, and every muscle twitched and ached for the fight that would decide his fate. "I'm not losing to you. You'll have to force me into submission." Roxas spat venom with every syllable.

"Heh...Then that's what I'll do." Zervik gave off a cocky smirk at the slivernette, the sounds of their voices echoed around them. "I've always wanted to know who was the stronger counterpart. But But only one of us is getting out of here and taking control. And that wiLL BE ME!"

Roxas' brow furrowed at that before he engulfed both of his arms in fox-fire, "Then I'll just kick your ass to the point where you think otherwise."Nine-Tails' Flash Bullet!" With a single word he crushed the ground beneath his powerful speed, crouching down before attacking, delivering a powerful kick to Zervik's stomach, launching him high into the air.

Zervik flipped throughout the air as he rightened himself mid-flip as crimson black flames swirled around him. "Crimson-Tails' Burning Fang!" He dropped down fast as his knees connected with Roxas' shoulders, sending him into the ground before he spun kicked him to the side.

Not finished, Roxas shot high into the air to greet his doppelgänger. He spun in the air and crashed his blue fire powered arm into the abdomen of the double, hitting the same spot that he previously struck. Zervik's eyes widened as the attack struck, launching him across the dark area.

"Nine-Tails' Scared Fist!" Zervik's red eyes widened further when he saw the slivernette suddenly above him, with a cocked back arm, driving into the same part of his body that had just been attacked twice. The attack drilled him back towards the Earth, his back slamming hard against the harder floor and kicking up a large dust cloud.

Roxas landed gracefully back on the other side of the battle field. "Not done yet!" He yelled, and charged towards the downed counterpart. With his speed, Roxas reached Zervik and grabbed the entity's ankles before lifting and slamming him into the ground with devastating force, before throwing him back up in to the air.

"Nine-Tails' Wil-O-Wisp!" Roxas roared, and summoned nine blue orbs shot from each of his hands, colliding with Zervik's body creating miniature explosions as they connected.

Roxas then finished the second onslaught with another crippling blow from his Nine-Tails' Sacred Fist into Zervik's back, launching him straight back into the floor, creating a second crater through the impact.

Roxas narrowed his eyes as he stared at where his counterpart had crash landed. 'Something isn't right about this guy's body. My blows should have been enough to shatter his body and yet...'