Chapter 3.5~ The Park

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

As I left Saeran's house I made sure to hang around to make sure he would be okay when his mom came home. I watched Saeran from the window as he slept. I felt bad for him.

'I promise, once I get better at hacking we can leave.' I thought.

After a while of waiting I finally heard a car pull up in the drive way. I listened as it parked. Someone got out of the car and shut it. I heard the shuffling of feet as the person walked to the door. They opened it and walked in. By the sound of their footsteps you could tell they were extremely drunk. When I no longer heard them I walked around the perimeter of the house. I checked all the windows until I saw her, that red headed witch. She was sound asleep in the living room. I sighed in relief, at lease I knew Saeran would be able to sleep tonight. I stood up and started to walk away.

~Flash Back~

I stood onto the box that was in the closet, took the multi-tool out of my pocket and unscrewed the window. I crawled my way out and stood up.

My lips curled into a smile at the thought of seeing my friend again.

As I approached the window I saw my him sitting on the ground with his eyes shut. It looked like he was concentrating on something.

"Psttt." I said. "Saeran." The boy looked up.

"Hi, (Y/n)." he said.

"How are you doing?" I asked.

"Okay."

"What were you doing?" I asked.

"Making a wish."

"Any reason in particular?"

"Isn't that what you're supposed to do on this day?" He asked. I cocked my head.

'Days like this?' I asked myself. 'What does he m—'

"Happy birthday!" I said happily as I made the realization. His lips curled into a half smile.
"Wait, is your mom home?" I asked.

"No, she left a while ago." He said.

'Perfect!'

"Stay right there!" I said as I ran around to the front.

I pulled out my multi-tool and bobby-pin and started to pick the lock.

Pop.

I twisted the handle and walked in. The house smelled of something I was all too familiar with. I scrunched up my nose in disgust before making my way to Saeran.

"Surprise!" I said.

"How'd you..."

"It's nice to see you face to face instead from a window." I said with a smile. "Anyway, let's go out for a while!"

"How?"

"What do you mean how?" I asked as he pointed to his ankle. I looked at what he was pointing to. My heart sunk with guild and sorrow for my best friend.
"Let me see for a sec." I said as I walked over to him.