Chapter 10.5~ The Pursuit

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

BAM!

My eyes jolted open. I shot up and looked over to the door. I saw a group of men burst through the door and flood the roof.

'crap.' I thought as I quickly packed up my laptop and blanket. I threw the bag onto my shoulder and went to the edge of the building. Lucky for me I was camped next to the fire exit. I quickly started to climb down.

I got to the bottom of the building to see a bunch of black van type cars. I quickly pulled out my phone and flipped it open. The screen was filled with binary code and the screen was glitched.

'Damn this!' I thought I started to run away as fast as I could, trying not to make noise.

"She's on the move!" I heard someone shout.

'What?! How'd they know?' I ignored and kept running not caring how much noise I made. I ran down the streets pushing past people. I turned around to see if they were somehow following me. I saw a slightly tall man who was holding a box with an antenna. I recognized the device as a tracking device. The man was no cop, that was obvious.

'How the hell did they hack into my phone?' I asked myself, 'they must have an extremely skilled hacker.' I thought as I stopped pushing past people. I knew the likely hood of them finding me in the crowd was very slim.

I took my backpack off of my back and pulled a flash drive out of the front pocket. I sighed as I looked at it. I zipped up the pocket and threw my backpack back onto my shoulder. I sighed as I stared at my phone. 'Screw it!' I inserted my flash drive into my phone and counted in my head.

'1'

'2'

'3'

'4'

'5'

I then pulled out the flash drive and put my phone back into my pocket. I clutched the flash drive in my hand. I looked around looking for the right person. I looked over to see a girl about my age. She had (h/l) (h/c), just like me. She was also about my height. I walked up behind her and slipped the flash drive into her bag. I knew I was safe... For now.

Once I made my way to the end of the street I turned the corner and watched as the crowd moved away. I watched as the man who I had seen with the tracking device kept walking in the direction the girl was going. I felt bad for her but I knew they wouldn't fall for that. I turned back around and walked down an ally. I hopped the fence and kept walking. As I did I saw what I was looking for. I jumped up and grabbed the ladder to a fire escape and pulled myself up. I climbed the fire escape and looked down from my new perch on the roof.

I sat down and took my backpack off of my back. I pulled out my computer and opened it up. I knew once they figured out that the girl was not me they would hack into my computer and use that to track me. I started to create a new algorithm for my computer, one much more complicated.

I sighed as I finished working on the new algorithm for my computer. I turned off my computer and stared up at the sky. I took out my phone and pressed the power button. Nothing happened, not like I expected it to turn on.