Chapter 23.5~ Lone Exploration (Café)

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

'There's a café around here somewhere. I might as well go there.' I thought as I started to walk to that general direction.

Soon I came across the café. I walked into the café.

As soon as I entered the café I was overwhelmed by the smell of coffee. I walked up to the counter.

"Hello, may I get something for you?" The lady asked.

"Yes, may I get a medium ((f/d) favorite drink) please?"

"Coming right up." She said as she walked away. I took out a five dollar bill and waited over near the cash register.

'I wonder when Luciel's going to realize I'm gone.' I asked myself.

"May I get a large ice coffee?" I heard someone ask. I looked over to see an average height woman with short brown hair and glasses. She was dressed very properly.

'Wait... Is that....'

"Jaehee?" I asked. The woman turned.

"Yes?" She asked as she looked at me. "Do I know you?" She walked over to me.

"Well, kinda." I said as I rubbed the crook of my neck. "I'm (2/n)." I said. Her eyes widened.

"(2/n)?! You mean..."

"Yup!" I said with a smile, "It's me!" I reached my hand out, "It's nice to meet you!" I said.

"Like wise." She said as she shook my hand.

"Here's your drink." I turned around and took the drink. "That'll be $3.75." The lady said. I handed her the five dollar bill and took the drink. "You can keep the change." I said.

"You're very generous." Jaehee said.

"Heh, well it's just a few dollars." I said, "When you have a job like mine you have money to burn... Unless your Luciel. He spends his money as soon as he gets it." Jaehee chuckled. I took a sip of the (f/d). I waited for Jaehee to pay for her ice coffee. I followed Jaehee as she walked over to the window and sat down. I sat infront of her.

"What are you doing here, if you don't mind me asking." Jaehee asked.

"I got locked out." I said as I rubbed the back of my neck.

"That's not good."

"Yeah, I was just taking out the trash too."

"Does Luciel not have a spare key?" She asked.

"Well..." I thought about how I could say this, "... The door we have at our house is automatic. We used to have an app on our phone that would automatically open the door. A few weeks ago Luciel changed it so you would need to say a phrase in Arabic." Jaehee's expression changed to pure confusion. "Yup that was my reaction to that when I found out." I sighed, "But anyway. I normally carry around a Arabic dictionary with me so I can get in and out but I forgot it on my desk. It turns out I also forgot my phone on my desk as well."