Could You Love Me {III}

"I don't think through things, I never get time. Cause I don't think things through"

CHAPTER THREE

Monday was a drag.

Dark bags were evident under my eyes, followed by the fact that I looked completely drained. My body was sore and my knuckles were bruised with a few scrapes, my bottom lip busted.

Apparently getting plastered Friday night wasn't enough for me, so I drank, and I drank, and I drank. By the time Sunday rolled around I was still hungover from Friday, and Saturday. But I'd been taught by my cousin that the only way to kill a hangover was to drink more. So that's how I spent my weekend, self loathing in an alcohol coma.

As for the bruising and busted lip, I had gotten into a fight at some point over the course of the weekend. All I remember is the other girl walked away with much worse than I got.

"What the fuck Oktober?" Imogen scolded as soon as I reached my locker.

Here we go.

"Good morning to you too."

Her face remained the same with her angry expression, making me arch an eyebrow at her.

"What? No make up sex with Chase?"

Imogen rolled her eyes. "No dumb ass! Why haven't you answered your phone all weekend?"

"I was too busy making friends with various bottles of alcohol." I smiled, shutting my locker.

"Well a simple 'I'm okay Imogen' would've sufficed." Imogen scoffed, walking next to me.

"I'm okay Imogen."

Imogen rolled her eyes, a small smile creeping on her face. "I hate you sometimes."

"But you love me all the time." I grinned as she shoved me through the door of my history class.

I was surprised to see Axel sitting in the back of the class, assuming he would skip since it was his usual tendency to.

I hadn't spoken to him since the party, my memory of the night pretty foggy.

"You look great." Axel spoke sarcastically, ruining my chance at ignoring him.

I sat down at the desk next to his, solely because it was the only one available.

"I'm flattered." I muttered, feeling his scrutinizing gaze on me.

"Who were you pounding on?" He questioned, an eyebrow arched as his eyes zeroed in on my busted lip. His face remained stone cold looking, but his tone sounded curious.

"I wouldn't tell you even if I remembered." I smiled, looking over at his alluring blue eyes.

He laughed that cold humorless laugh of his, shaking his head slightly. "You're too difficult."

"Not the first time I've heard that."

I ignored his eyes on me, the barbie approaching us catching my attention, barely able to walk in her six inch heels.