Could You Love Me {XXII}

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

"We have trouble."

Derek announced as I came out from behind Axel, my arms still wrapped around his bicep.

"Can't your men handle it?" Axel questioned, still a little fired up from the guy who just disappeared.

"This problem is a bit, personal."

Axel pulled me along with him as we followed Derek, securing my hand in his, intertwining our fingers.

My hand felt tingly from his touch, but I passed it off as my imagination.

It had to be.

Once we got to the front, Axel stopped abruptly, making me crash into his back not so subtly.

"Go upstairs, now." Axel ordered, turning so we were face to face. "Find Archer and Dean and tell them to take you out the back way, they'll know."

"What?" I scoffed. "I'm not leaving you."

"I didn't ask for your permission Oktober, you need to go." Axel replied, putting more force behind his voice.

"Then come with me."

I knew how things went down around there and not once had it turned out good. I wasn't about to leave him in the danger I knew would be coming. Guns, fights. I was sure he was well experienced with those kinds of problems, but nobody was invincible.

His eyes softened as they looked down at me. I thought for almost a second he'd listen to me, but he wouldn't.

I glanced over his shoulder to look at the growing chaos, my eyes landing on the devil himself.

Davidson.

"Go!" Axel yelled, pushing me towards the stairs, before disappearing into the crowd.

***

All I could see was blood, broken glass, and bullet casings scattered on the floor, making my heart race.

It had been quiet for minutes and I wasn't sure what was going on, the only sound being the faint music playing which only made the situation creepier.

Archer and Dean came down a couple of minutes before me to make sure everything was okay, but they never came back. So I decided to pull on my big girl pants and investigate, even though I was on the verge on having an anxiety attack from all the worrying.

I didn't know what to expect, I didn't know if Axel was okay, I didn't even know what happened.

The sound of glass crunching startled me before Axel appeared in the entrance, making me sigh with relief.

"You had me worried." I scolded, my hands flying to grasp his jaw as I examined his face.

It remained flawless like always, but I couldn't find the strength to remove my hands, like they were metal attached to a magnet.

"You didn't need to worry." He assured, lifting his hand to mine.

My eyes drifted over the torn skin on his knuckles, that were already bruising, making me grab his hands softly.