Could You Love Me {XI}

"You should be loving someone
oh oh
loving someone"

CHAPTER ELEVEN

"Party party party, party party party." Imogen sang as we walked into a giant house on a lovely Friday evening.

Lovely?

I believed I was undergoing a mental crisis.

"So which one of us is DD for the night? And I hope you know that if you say it's me, we're both going to end up walking." I said over the music, making Axel roll his eyes, a lopsided grin on his suddenly kissable lips.

"I'll be DD. Go ahead and drink till your little hearts content."

"I like the sound of that." I hummed, making him laugh as I picked up my new friend.

"I swear you could out drink a whole frat." Axel stated, clearly amused as we both heard the satisfying 'pop' of the cap coming off, me savoring the first drink. 

"Most likely." I agreed, pressing the bottle back to my lips.

I met his eyes, watching as he stared at me intently, making me smirk.

"Regretting your decision now, Dawson?" I teased, knocking back another drink.

I watched as his chiseled jaw clenched, a smirk sliding onto his lips, making me wish he never did that.

That is one sexy image I will never be able to forget.

"A shame you'll never find out how great this vodka is." I added slyly.

My eyes never moved from his and suddenly his large hands were gripping my waist, pulling me into him.

I could feel his minty breath fanning my face, making my heart drop. His ocean eyes held a dark a look in them, causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach. His eyes flickered from my lips back to mine, the back down to my lips.

Everything happened so quickly and I couldn't find the strength to push him away. He was making me weak.

He leaned closer to me, not even a centimeter away, our noses touching.

Before I knew it his lips lightly brushed over mine slowly, making me break out in goosebumps.

"Tastes good." He smirked licking his lips, releasing me from his hold before disappearing into the crowd of people, leaving me breathless.

***

"I want to go swimming." I declared, taking off towards a house that I assumed had a pool in the backyard.

"Oh no you don't." Axel shot down, his arm shooting out around my waist as he picked me up effortlessly, putting me back in my original place that was next to him.

"Buzzkill." I sang, slightly wobbling as I walked.

"It's like forty degrees out here." He retorted, looking at me amusedly.

"Warm enough to swim. Am I right Imogen?" I fired back, looking over to Imogen for help who was in no better state than me, leaning on Chase.