Could You Love Me {XXI}

"Just for tonight darling,
let's get lost"

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Sleep is a beautiful thing. So when people interrupt my sleep, I make sure they sleep for the rest of eternity.

Usually.

But the situation was different.

"Whoever is laying on me with their full body weight needs to get off before I decapitate them." I announced, never opening my eyes.

"Your threats only seem to get hotter and hotter." Axel's voice spoke and I could practically feel the smirk on his face.

I guessed yesterday was sort of a silent peace treaty between us. After all, how could I hate him after that happened. Nobody had ever comforted me like he did, nor made me feel safe like he did.

And that scared me, but I owed him to be civil at the least.

"And your mind only seems to get sicker and sicker." I replied, as he rolled off of me, laying beside me.

"Most definitely." Axel grinned, twirling a strand of my black hair on his finger. "You know, I like your natural color much better than the blonde."

My eyes slightly widened at his statement, making me turn to look at him. "You knew me last year?"

"Everyone knows you." He chuckled, letting my hair twirl off his finger. "But yes, I've 'known' you since freshman year."

"Huh, guess you learn something new everyday." I said sarcastically, making him laugh. "Now out so I can get dressed."

"I think I'm good right here." He smirked, placing his hands behind his head.

I arched an eyebrow at him as I got up. "Okay then."

He watched me in surprise as my fingers latched onto the bottom of my shirt, slightly pulling it up.

"In your dreams, Dawson." I snorted, letting my shirt fall back down.

He groaned, getting off of my bed. "Such a tease."

"But you like it." I replied, shoving him out of my room.

"Foreplay is sexy." He agreed, making me roll my eyes.

"You're disgusting."

***

"So what're we doing tonight? Partying? Chick flicks? The Snake Pit?" Dean questioned, taking a sip of his orange juice.

We were all eating breakfast at the diner, which was apparently Imogen's idea. I just hoped her and Axel weren't planning some intervention type thing to keep me from falling back into my deep, dark, never ending hole called depression.

That was the last thing I needed.

"Snake Pit?" Imogen questioned. "I don't like snakes."

Chase laughed at his uneducated girlfriend, making her glare.

The Snake Pit was a club owned by The Black Snakes, a local gang on the outskirts of Lakewood. You were in for a rude awakening if you messed with them, but apparently Axel and the boys had some sort of connection with them, making them practically untouchable.