Could You Love Me {XVIII}

"I feel you holding me
tighter, I cannot see
when will we finally
breathe"

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"Watch out for Queen B. The bitch has been on the low for awhile and I'm starting to grow suspicious." Imogen announced as we walked through the doors of hell.

"I'm most certainly not worried about her." I replied, my heart slowing down as my eyes landed on Axel.

His face looked cold and void of emotion, a cut on his eyebrow that was forming a bruise. My gaze fell down to his hands, seeing his knuckles all torn up and bruised, indicating he'd been in a fight.

Archer and Dean followed behind him, both looking unharmed but they also had injured knuckles, making me realize all three of them were up to no good.

I wanted to know what happened desperately, but with the argument Axel and I had, I was most definitely not going to run back to him like I had did before.

So, we were back to hating each other.

How nice.

***

I splashed water on my face, trying to convince myself I can get through today.

The first four periods of the day were terrible. It was as if the teachers knew I wasn't feeling myself and wanted to take advantage of it. Not to mention Axel showed up to history just to ignore me, making my temper with him slowly rise.

The flirty looks exchanged between him and Britney the whole class was enough to make me dig my own grave and bury myself.

So I was in the bathroom alone, trying to give myself some sort of kickstart to get through lunch and fifth period, which would be the absolute worst.

"Girls, look what we have here." A nasally voice echoed, making me jerk my head up abruptly.

Taylor walked in with two of her goons, one being Britney who already pissed me off.

Taylor was evidently still pissed about the broken nose and two black eyes I gave her, which should've taught her a lesson, but I assumed she didn't learn a thing as she walked closer to me.

I was in for a nice ol' treat.

"Don't start anything you can't finish, Taylor." I dragged out in a bored tone, my face void of emotion.

"No hun, you already started with me." She replied, giving me her best bitch face. "Hold her down."

Britney and the other barbie stalked over to me, their ankles rolling around as they tried to walk in heels too tall for them, swaying their hips tremendously hard.

"Touch me and I'll ruin you." I spat, making Britney pause, but the other one kept coming.

Stupid bitch.

I grabbed the girl by her wrist, yanking it behind her back as I jabbed my knee into her spine, making her yell out in pain as she fell to the floor, leaving Britney and Taylor.

"Can't fight your own battles now Tay?" I provoked, making her scowl.

"I can. I just don't want to break an expensive nail on trash like you."