Could You Love Me {XII}

"Would you love her,
the way she loved you"

CHAPTER TWELVE

A knock on the door woke me up from my peaceful sleep, making me groan loudly.

I felt a weight on me as I attempted to move, making my eyes open abruptly, finding an arm wrapped around my waist securely.

I slowly turned around, jumping when I saw Axel's sleeping figure, landing on the floor with a thud.

"Oktober?" Kate questioned from the other side of the door. "Is everything okay in there?"

"Yeah! Uh just a minute!" I yelled, aggressively shaking Axel.

"Well that's one way to wake someone up." His raspy morning voice spoke, almost making me pause due to how attractive it was.

"You have to hide, hurry!" I whisper yelled, quickly throwing him his shirt.

"I'm coming in." Kate warned, making me panic even more, watching as Axel tried to find a place to hide.

"Good morning Kate." I smiled, looking at her suspicious face as she eye balled my room.

"Good morning." She replied eerily, smiling none the less. "I made you breakfast."

I smiled gratefully, watching as she turned to walk out of my room, stopping at the door.

"Tell your friend who's hiding in your bathroom there's some breakfast for him too." She smirked, walking away.

"Thank you Kate." I yelled after her, before rubbing my face.

Shit.

"That worked out well." Axel announced, walking out of my bathroom.

"I blame you." I stated, looking at my hideous morning appearance in the mirror.

"Says the one who begged me to stay last night." He smirked, making me scoff.

"I did not! I asked once and you jumped on it."

He threw his head back as he laughed, rolling his eyes.

"Yes because that's totally how it happened." He retorted sarcastically, watching me as I brushed my unruly hair.

I tried not to think about his arm around my waist, and how we ended up like that, but it was difficult.

Very difficult.

I felt like I could've stayed in his arms for days, a new feeling of comfort involuntarily coursing through me. Axel gave me an unexpected feeling of
security, like nothing would happen to me when I was with him, and I secretly enjoyed it.

"Hungry?" I questioned, noticing the moment of
silence between us.

"Starving." He answered, making me roll my eyes.

I grabbed his hand, pulling him out of my room and down the stairs, into the kitchen.

"Kate this is Axel, my friend. Axel this is my aunt Kate." I introduced, attempting to make the situation less awkward.