Could You Love Me {VII}

"There's a ghost, she's wearing my face"

CHAPTER SEVEN

It was Wednesday and I still hadn't been to school. I was too preoccupied with the warm and safe comfort of my bed to leave.

And I didn't want to see Axel.

My phone had been shut off since Saturday. I hadn't felt the need to communicate with the outside world.
There was no doubt some new rumor had broken out about me and I just couldn't be bothered by the lies.

"Knock knock." A familiar voice called out, opening my door.

Imogen appeared in front of m, pushing my body over so she could sit on the bed.

"How are you?" Was the first thing she said, which we both knew was going happen.

"Never been better." I lied, avoiding her worried gaze.

"Did you stop taking your meds?" She questioned, eyeing the untouched pill bottle that sat on the nightstand beside my bed.

"Are you Imogen or aunt Kate?" I joked, the expression on her face telling me she wasn't having it.

"I'm being serious Oktober."

I sighed heavily, "Anti depressants work as good as an advil for a bullet wound. They're useless."

"But let me guess, since you've been off of them you can barely sleep and are having anxiety attacks again? Not to mention that you're already starting to fall back into that cycle. I'm not stupid Oktober." Imogen snapped, opening the pill bottle, taking out my required dosage and handing me the water off my table.

"Take those and then get up and take a shower. You're coming to school today." She ordered, standing up. "I'll be downstairs waiting."

I sighed, swallowing the pill dryly, ignoring the water, setting it back down in front of the picture on my nightstand.

Her green eyes stared back at me like I could do no wrong, while she smiled bright enough to light up the whole world. All the while he stood behind her, in his brown hair and pale skinned glory, matching her smile.

Everyone constantly told me that if they were here they'd be proud of me.

What a lie that was.

After my shower I quickly got dressed, grabbing my bag and walking down the stairs.

"Good morning sweetie." Kate greeted, making me give her a small smile.

"Ready?" Imogen questioned, no doubt feeling good about herself for getting me up.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I mumbled, walking outside and climbing into her car.

I avoided talking, turning up the radio instead. Imogen was a great friend and caring, but her questions would drive me insane and keep the horrid memories surfacing my brain.

I just wanted them to go away.

"I don't see myself lasting all day here." I announced as we walked into school.