Could You Love Me {XXXVIII}

CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT

"So, Axel finally grew a pair huh?" Dean smirked, nudging my shoulder.

I smirked, looking over to Axel who was rolling his eyes.

"I have patience, Dean. Maybe if you didn't skip all the important parts to go straight for what's inside the pants, you'd might have it too."

"But what's inside the pants is the most important part." Dean retorted, smiling ear to ear.

"Of course to you it is, Dean." Imogen sighed, rolling her eyes as Chase and her joined us.

"What do you say about a good luck kiss?" Axel questioned, wrapping his arms around my waist, my back pressing against his car.

"Are you saying you're gonna need some luck tonight?" I teased, making him smirk.

"You don't need luck when you're the best, darling."

I rolled my eyes, pulling his jaw down so our lips could meet.

My teeth grazed along his bottom lip as we pulled away, making his gorgeous blue eyes darken and his hands to grip my waist tighter.

"You're lucky I have someone's ass to kick right now." He whispered in my ear before placing another kiss to my lips.

I smiled as he pulled away from me, getting into his car. He revved his engine a few times before pulling away, slowly driving up to the starting line.

The guy that he was racing smirked cockily, revving his engine, but Axel's was much louder. The light in the middle of the two lanes changed from red to green, both cars speeding off, the Mustang taking the lead over Axel's Challenger.

"What's he doing?" I questioned, looking at Archer confusedly, a smirk dancing on his lips.

"Giving the opponent the benefit of the doubt."

As if Axel heard us talking about him, his engine roared, him quickly taking the lead as he drifted around the turn, beginning the trek to the finish line.

His opponent obviously didn't like that, pushing his engine to it's limit as he ran Axel off the side of the road, deciding racing dirty was the only way he could win.

The crowd surround the drag gasped, watching the race more intently.

"What the fuck!" Dean yelled, throwing his hands up.

"We should've known they were going to race dirty." Archer muttered, glaring across the drag where Davidson's group was, the guy Axel was racing obviously doing it for Davidson's purposes.

Axel quickly got back onto the road quicker than expected, cutting the mustang off as he crossed the finish line.

Once the Mustang came to a halt, Axel quickly ripped the door open, pulling him out by the collar of his shirt.

"What the hell was that?"

"Hands of my guy Dawson." Davidson smirked, obviously feeling good about ticking Axel off.

"You really have to get your bitches to race dirty so they have a shot at winning? That's pathetic." Dean spat. "Even for you."

"There's no rules here buddy." The guy Axel raced smirked.

"I'll show you no rules." Axel growled, shoving him against his mustang.

"Axel don't." I said, coming out from behind Archer and Dean.

"Aw would you look at that, Axel's little pet." Taylor sneered, smiling in my direction.

I hadn't even noticed that she was there, hanging all over Davidson. The sight made me absolutely disgusted and I could hear Imogen muttering profanities at her behind me.

"Do you need me to refresh your memory on what happens when you piss me off?" I questioned slowly, hoping she'd comprehend better.

"Oh please, hunny that was luck."

I scoffed and Imogen snorted, both of us probably thinking that this poor girl was probably delusional.

"Wanna test that luck right now?" I bit, watching Davidson smirk sickly from behind Taylor.

Before I could make any sudden movements, arms were around my waist, pulling me away from Taylor.

"Axel what the fuck! Let Taylor get what's coming to her!" Imogen yelled, making Chase hush her.

"I'm pretty sure we don't need Oktober's guard dog to bark for her." Taylor sneered once more.

"I'm pretty sure if Oktober doesn't beat your ass within the next ten seconds, I will." Imogen snapped back.

"Come on Dawson, let the two settle this." Davidson provoked, making Axel's grip on me tightening.

"It's been settled many times but the bitch doesn't have enough brain cells to remember!" Imogen spat to Davidson, causing his attention to land on her. Chase clearly didn't like that considering he pushed Imogen behind him, shielding her from the gaze of Davidson.

"Only person who's getting their ass kicked tonight is you. So I suggest you leave before I put you in the hospital, again." Axel snapped, the glare on his face managing to make even me nervous.

Davidson oddly put his hands up, surrendering with his smirk still on his face.

"See you soon, Dawson." Was all he said, before walking away with his guys, the mustang pulling away behind them.

Taylor didn't miss Imogen flipping her the bird, making her scoff as she chased after Davidson in her heels.

"That was weird." Archer spoke, breaking the silence.

"I was ready for a fight." Dean groaned.

"Somethings up." Chase stated, his arm around Imogen's shoulders securely.

"Yeah well we're not sticking around to see what it is." Axel replied, opening the passenger door for me.

Imogen waved as Axel sped off, shortly arriving at his house.

I couldn't stop thinking about Davidson's words, replaying over and over in my mind. The tone of his voice was chilling, causing an uneasy feeling to surface within me. It reminded me of the guy from the Snake Pit and what he said to me before he left.

"To be continued, Oktober."

"Oktober darling, is that you I hear?" Tammy's voice called as we stepped inside.

Axel chuckled, taking my coat off of me and hanging it up on the rack.

"It is." I answered as I walked into the kitchen.

Tammy squealed, engulfing me in a tight hug as if it had been years since she last saw me.

"You're just in time to help. Nina and I are making cupcakes!"

I looked at Axel who was watching the scene unfold from a distance, a smirk on his face while his large hands shot me a thumbs up.

I'm glad I'm amusing him.

"Great!" I said as enthusiastically as possible, making a fit of laughter escape Axel.

I glared at him as I put my hair up in a ponytail, reaching over to the sink to wash my hands.

"I found the sprinkles mommy." Adorable Nina announced as she held them up in her small hands.

"Good job sweetie." Tammy grinned, turning to me. "Let's get started."

"Good luck, ladies, with your cupcakes." Axel smirked, kissing my cheek before walking away laughing, leaving me glaring after him.

***