Could You Love Me {XXXIII}

"Lost and insecure, you found me"

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

As the days rolled by, I felt myself become stronger.

Stronger, but with a bit of paranoia. It wasn't bad, but the fact that I was alert non stop without even trying was concerning.

I was back to school before I knew it, finding myself falling into the same old habit again.

"Oktober Oktober, we get it on in alleyways now?" No other than Taylor's voice taunted, making me freeze in my path. "You just can't keep your legs closed, can you?"

"Excuse me?" I said, turning around on my heel sharply.

"Don't think your little scandal went unheard of. Davidson told me all about it." She smirked and I felt my blood literally boil.

"Now I know that you know what actually happened, Taylor. So if you say one more word about it, I will beat the ever living shit out of you." I spat, feeling my heart race and hands become shaky.

"I only have one thing to say to you, Oktober." She smiled, my eyes daring her to continue.

"Slut."

I gave her a chance to stop, I gave her a chance to apologize, I gave her a warning.

But she didn't take it.

I had never swung harder in that moment than I had before in my life, my fist connecting to Taylor's cheek bone so fast, she stumbled back and lost her balance in those horrendous six inch heels.

People around us in the hall gasped watching closely, but the rage I was in didn't allow me to care.

I landed two more blows to her face before unfriendly arms wrapped around me, pulling me off of her and slamming me into the lockers.

I looked up to see a guy I'd never seen before, but from what happened, I could tell Taylor had him in her horrible trance.

The guys hand slapped me across the face, hard, making the crowd gasp again.

Suddenly Dean and Archer were pushing the guy off of me and Axel appeared, examining my face worriedly.

I felt blood slowly ooze from my newly busted bottom lip, making Axel's jaw clench as he turned around, walking up to the mystery guy who was being pinned down by Archer and Dean. He wasted no time on laying a blow right to the guys temple, following up with whatever damage Axel felt was necessary.

I quickly gathered my things before running outside and into the parking lot, tears streaming down my face as I wiped the blood from my chin.

"Oktober!" Axel yelled, running after me.

I was soaked by then, since the dull gray sky was pouring rain, masking my tears.

"What Axel?"

"Are you okay?" He questioned, his hair sticking to his forehead as it continued to become more drenched.

"No, I'm not Axel." I answered before walking away, only to have him grab me by my wrist.

"Why are you walking away from me?"

I looked up at him, feeling more tears fall from my eyes.

"Because I'm done Axel, I'm tired. You made it clear to me that night that I wasn't anything to you when you went off with that girl, and I understand now that it's okay. I appreciate what you did for me, all you've done for me, but I really can't have you comforting me or trying to help me anymore. I can't become more attached to you than what I already am. I need you to leave me alone."

His mouth fell open as he tried to find words, his eyebrows furrowing together as he stared down at me intently.

"Oktober what are you talking about? The night of the party my drink was spiked, I swear to you. You can ask Chase, he helped get me into a room to sleep. I don't even remember seeing you until I woke up. But if I know one thing for sure it's that I was with no girl besides you. You have been the only one I've ever cared about, so much that it fucking hurts, and if you actually think that I'd throw you away for some girl drunk or sober, think again."

My heart was pumping furiously, his words fueling me like gas to a fire.

"O, I made a mistake. Regardless of what you say I'll never forgive myself for what happened to. I promise you no one will ever hurt you again and I know you hear it all the time, but I mean it. Without you, I
am nothing."

I smiled as his large hands cupped my cheeks, making me meet his ocean blue eyes that got me every time.

"You're stubborn, hard headed, brave, but most of all, you're strong. You're the strongest girl I've ever met O."

"You can stop now." I whispered, blushing embarrassingly.

"Can I kiss you?" Axel questioned, literally making my heart stop beating.

Shit.

I discreetly pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming, to make sure it was real, to make sure I hadn't actually died and made it to heaven. Words couldn't form in my head nor mouth, only allowing me to nod, catching a glimpse of his smile before his hands that were on my face pulled me closer to him, our lips connecting.

I couldn't believe I was kissing Axel, in the parking lot of our school, in the pouring rain.

How much more cliche could it possibly be?

Though I would be lying if I said I didn't feel the sparks that everyone talks about in the sappy romantic novels and movies, sadly. Fireworks, sparks, electricity, I felt everything, I felt it all.

"I've been wanting to do that for the longest time." He admitted, his forehead resting against mine.

"Well it took you long enough." I retorted, making him laugh.

His eyes stared into mine intently, making my insides feel like mush. You'd think by then I'd be immune to his affects on me, but I was no where near immune. Nothing ever felt old with Axel, not his smirks, his winks, his jokes, his smile, not a damn thing.

"You have the prettiest eyes I've ever seen." He stated, making me remember the first time he told me that.

Look how far we've come.

Back then I was a fool, such a fool, for thinking that Axel wasn't someone I needed in my life. My idea of love was ruined, but Axel had a way of making me feel like I was worthy, I was important, I was wanted.

A blind man could see that I was certainly and most definitely falling for Axel Dawson.

I smiled up at him, feeling rain drops hitting us relentlessly, capturing the moment to keep it in my brain forever.

"So I've been told."

***