Could You Love Me {X}

"Don't you know you're just another heartbreaker,
so let me swoon over you"

CHAPTER TEN

I trudged into school, upset that it wasn't Friday.

Walking to my locker, I figured Imogen would be waiting for me.

Instead I saw Axel, leaning against the locker next to mine in all his leathered glory, offering me one of his charming smiles as I approached him.

Charming?

"What's the occasion?" I questioned, watching as he chuckled.

"My mother was upset she missed you yesterday, so she wanted me to extend the invitation of having you over for dinner tonight." Axel smirked, awaiting my answer.

"How kind of her." I grinned, feeling something pull at my heart strings. "Of course I accept."

"I'll let her know. She'll be thrilled." He added, making me laugh as he walked away.

Maybe this whole friend thing wouldn't be so bad after all.

***

"Did you guys get that random pop quiz in Lynch's?" Chase asked he sat down at the lunch table, looking flustered.

"No?" I replied, arching an eyebrow at him.

"What!? That's ridiculous. I'm in her first period and she hit us with this hard ass quiz." Chase complained, making Imogen sling her arm around him. "My grade in that class in tanking."

"My poor baby." She teased, making Chase roll his eyes.

Oh, kill me.

"I'm in her second and she always talks shit about you guys." Archer announced from his seat at our table.

"Well Axel and I are in her third and she talks shit about the both of your classes." I added with a smirk, making them both look at me in surprise.

"That's why you guys should've taken honors history." Imogen sighed, shrugging her shoulders cockily.

I rolled my eyes at her, looking toward the entrance of the cafeteria. As if Axel heard me talking about him, he entered the cafeteria, laughing and nudging Dean who was laughing as well.

And the bromance continues.

I couldn't them lasting more than two days without talking to each other, though it still bothered me that I was never told what the whole feud was about. All I got was a 'its personal' from Axel, which gave me absolutely nothing.

Axel sat down across from me, tossing a smile my way.

That was two today.

I must've been doing something right.

"If you're talking about the pop quiz in Lynch's, I totally bombed it." Dean announced.

"Exactly!" Chase exclaimed, pinching the bridge of his nose aggravatedly.

It was unusual seeing him so caring about his grades. I assumed it was the reality of senior year setting upon him, meaning he actually had to work.