Could You Love Me {XV}

"I'm getting crazy ideas in my head
and I'm not even trying to stop them,
jump"

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

I sat up in bed slowly, but the weight of an arm around my waist pushed me back down.

A feeling of deja vu coursed through me, looking next to me to see Axel sleeping peacefully, his shirtless body not even a mere inch from mine. The boundary of pillows I made were carelessly scattered on the floor, making me wonder how they got there.

A smile slowly itched its way on my face as I snuck out of the bed, before Imogen could barge in and have a heart attack, taking one last look as his peaceful face.

***

"We're really about to hike this?" Chase questioned, staring up at the mountain ahead of us.

"To get to the waterfall, yes." I answered, zipping up my back pack, slinging it over my shoulders.

It was at least a hundred degrees outside and everyone was already sweating. I remained in a pair of running shorts and my bikini top, my hair pulled into a sloppy bun on the top of my head.

It was too hot to care.

"Did you bring your camera?" Alexander asked.

"Of course."

"Sweet. I wanna get some cool shots at the top." He grinned, making me roll my eyes.

"Every year." Ella mumbled jokingly, nudging my arm and I laughed.

"Ugh it's hot." Imogen complained, pouring some water on her head.

"We just started Imogen." I retorted, grabbing the handle on her backpack, pulling her along.

The fact that Axel wasn't wearing a shirt didn't make it any less hotter, in fact, I felt as though I couldn't breathe.

"Done drooling over me Blackwood?" Axel smirked, interrupting my gawking and making me narrow my eyes at him.

"No one is drooling Dawson." I retorted, crossing my arms.

"Really?" He questioned sarcastically, standing in front of me. His large hand reached out and cupped my cheek, his thumb brushing over my lips. "Hm, could've swore I saw some drool."

And with that he walked away, his cocky smirk even wider, leaving me dumbfounded.

I stared at his back muscles more than the trail, tripping various times on the way up. It was like he knew how my heart picked up speed when he touched me, like he knew my body would react to him.

"I feel like this place only gets more and more beautiful." Ella sighed, plopping down on a rock as we reached the waterfall.

"Just like you." Alexander smirked, causing Ella to grin.

Oh, just get married already.

"I don't know about you but I'm hot and in a desperate need of a cool off." Imogen huffed, diving into the water.