Could You Love Me {XXXVI}

"Help, I've lost myself again
but I remember you"

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

My laughter filled the living room of the Dawson house hold, an intense game of Uno happening on the coffee table in the middle of the floor.

Axel was getting frustrated, Nina and Tammy were in a power struggle to win, and Eric was simply confused.

Axel's phone ringing made him sigh with relief, quickly standing up and walking away as he answered, making me laugh. A few minutes later he walked back in, making me quirk my eyebrow at him.

"Sorry but Oktober and I have to go, Dean needs us." Axel announced, lifting me off the ground abruptly.

"Aw! We'll have another game night soon then." Tammy frowned, making Axel deadpan.

"That sounds wonderful." I beamed, causing Axel to glare at me, before pulling me out of the house.

"Why does Dean need us?" I questioned once we were outside.

"He doesn't, I just needed to get out of there."

I snorted as he opened the door for me, shutting it after I was in.

"So then where are we going?"

Axel looked at me with his left eyebrow arched as he started the car. "You ask a lot of questions."

"And you don't answer them." I retorted, making him roll his eyes as he held my hand with his free one.

"Dean wanted us to come to some kickback to celebrate the start of winter break. We don't have to stay long."

I simply nodded as I stared out the window, the sun barely peaking over the horizon, making the stars and moon more clear to see.

Once we arrived at the house, Axel led us to the backyard, where I could already hear the music and smell burning wood and alcohol.

Turns out the burning wood was from a bonfire that took place in the middle of the yard, several chairs and seats set up around it.

"Dawson, over here boy!" Dean's voice shouted, followed by his hand waving us over.

"Who's party is this?" Axel questioned, pulling me to his lap, resting his arm over my legs protectively.

"Not sure." Dean answered, making Axel narrow his eyes.

"It doesn't look like any trouble." Archer defended, which was what everyone said before the trouble happened.

***

The kickbacks population grew as a couple hours rolled by, making it a small party.

Dean had been the only one drinking since Archer and Axel drove and I didn't feel comfortable drinking in a social scene yet.

"I think we're gonna leave." Axel yawned. "This party's a bust."

"Let me use the bathroom first." I said, getting out of my seat before walking into the house.

Teenagers flooded the place and I had no sense of knowledge as to where the bathroom was, so I was aimlessly walking around.

I stumbled across a door with 'BATHROOM' hung on the front, sighing as I opened the door.

Instead of seeing an empty bathroom, I found a girl on her knees throwing up in the toilet, which was utterly disgusting, though I almost felt bad for her.

"Occupied." She groaned, before the next wave came, making me quickly close the door.

I ran a hand through my hair as I walked up the stairs, my eyes landing on a very unoccupied bathroom down the hall.