Could You Love Me {IX}

"I'm not afraid anymore, what makes you sure, you're all I need?"

CHAPTER NINE

Nursing a hangover should've been one of my many skilled professions, but it was not.

My only method of coping with a hangover was to drink more, so there I was, stumbling into school on a Monday morning.

Such a fuck up.

My suspension days were up and if I had another absence, I'd be in an hour long detention, and I was not doing that.

So inevitably, I was forced to show up partially drunk.

Not my fault.

"You look great." Imogen greeted sarcastically, her back leaning against my locker.

"Thanks Imogen." I smiled, taking a drink from my water bottle.

"Is that ....?" Imogen questioned, narrowing her eyes at me.

"Vodka? No. No way."

"Give me that." Imogen hissed, snatching the bottle from my hands and grabbing my wrist, yanking me with her as she led me to the bathroom. She poured my cure down the drain of the sink, shoving the bottle into the trash.

"Bag." She ordered, narrowing her hazel eyes at my book bag.

"There's nothing in there detective." I lied, avoiding her scrutinizing gaze.

She didn't buy into it, ripping my bag off of my shoulder and tearing it open, taking my last bottle out.

"Are you serious Oktober? One wasn't enough for you?"

I laughed finding the situation very amusing, but she didn't, not with the death glare she gave me.

"In my defense, that was just a back up one in case something like this," I spoke, gesturing to her dumping the alcohol contents down the drain. "happened to my first one."

"Drinking at a party is one thing. Drinking at home is another thing. But drinking at school is stupid and completely idiotic. What's wrong with you?" She questioned seriously, turning to face me.

"I know I know." I sighed dramatically. "I'm a fuck up. I've messed up everything."

Her harsh gaze on me softened at my words, turning on the faucet.

"Splash some cold water on your face, maybe that will sober you up." She ordered, taking her bag then walking out the door, leaving me by myself.

"Mental note, don't tell Imogen when you're drinking at school." I said out loud, making myself laugh.

I splashed the cold water on my face, which did me good, feeling slightly better.

The first two periods of the day flew by, most likely because of my nap in both classes, sleeping off the alcohol. I slightly stumbled into history, luckily not catching anyone's attention, but Axel's.

I mentally groaned, hoping and figuring that he would have ditched class, but it was just my luck that he didn't. I sat down in my usual seat, a desk away from him, his eyes still focused on me.