Could You Love Me {XXVI}

"Cause baby we're just reckless kids,
tryna find an island in the flood"

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

"You look pretty."

I smiled at Tara in the reflection of the bathroom mirror, setting my curling wand down.

In just the short time that I was there, I had gotten to know her a lot better and she was actually easy to get along with.

Imogen would love her.

Their crazy tendencies and 24/7 never ending sex drive made them practically twins.

"So do you." I replied, touching up my makeup in the mirror, being careful not to ruin anything.

It was convenient for us that the wedding venue was at the hotel, so us running ten minutes late wasn't really an issue.

I slipped on the dress I bought when I went shopping with Imogen, almost forgetting how good it looked.

I paired it with nude heels, though you wouldn't be able to see them much since the dress was long, and they'd probably be taken off before the end of the night.

"Nina are you ready?" I questioned as I walked out of the bathroom, searching for her small figure.

She wore a pale purple dress with sparkles and flats, her hair in a neat waterfall braid, curtesy of me.

"Yes, I'm so exited!" She cheered, amped up from all the sugar she consumed, also curtesy of me.

The three of us grabbed our things and exited our room, only to bump into Axel with two of his other cousins, Tyler and Justin, who I happened to meet at the rehearsal dinner.

His piercing blue eyes came to a halt as they landed on me, making my breath hitch in my throat.

He wore a crisp black suit with a black vest and undershirt under his jacket, with an olive green bow tie which matched the color of my dress, probably his mother's doing.

Typical Tammy.

His black hair looked damp and was combed back neatly, unlike his usual messy style, and I couldn't help but think about the huge lump that was forming in my throat.

His eyes were slightly widened as they drifted up and down my presence, making that all too familiar blush creep up my neck.

"You look-"

"Beautiful." Justin said, cutting off Axel and taking my hand into his, kissing it.

I laughed as Axel rolled his eyes, slightly feeling disappointed that I didn't get to hear the words from him, but brushed it off none the less.

"Thank you." I smiled as Axel shoved Justin away from me, holding out his arm as a gesture for me to hold onto.

I looped my arm with his and held onto Nina's tiny hand with my free hand, pulling her along as Axel led us to the elevator.

The doors slid open to reveal three little elderly ladies all dressed up, looking like they were about to go gamble every last cent that they owned. The elevator reeked of their perfume, making Nina's nose scrunch up in an adorable way and me to silently laugh, while an amused smile creeped onto Axel's chiseled face.