Could You Love Me {XVII}

"You fooled me from the start
when you let me start to love you"

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Monday was a drag, as to be expected.

Imogen decided to have a sick day and Chase had to 'care for her', leaving me all alone in the torture house. I went to first and second period, pretended to listen, pretended to do the work, but when third period came around, I was conflicted.

Usually Axel skipped the class, but knowing him he would probably there, waiting to confront my sudden off behavior.

I guessed that was the reason I was ignoring him, I didn't want him to drill me on why I was acting so different. I refused to admit that it bothered me when I saw him with that girl.

I wasn't jealous, I just wasn't particularly pleased with the outcome and potentially didn't like his choice of interest that night.

She didn't seem .. right for him.

So with all of that in mind, I decided to skip third period, walking to the very back of the school. There was a vacant janitors closet at the end of the last hall, with a ladder inside that led to the rooftop. Only a couple of students knew about it, but only the stoners and delinquents were allowed up there. It was their sort of 'unspoken rule'.

Otherwise if someone did, they'd get their ass kicked.

But I couldn't care less.

I checked behind me to make sure no one was looking before quickly opening the door, walking in and shutting it quietly. I dropped my bag on the floor before climbing up the ladder, pushing open the latch to the roof. I hoisted myself up, shutting the latch behind me, a bunch of deep laughter startling me.

I spun around to see Dean and Archer being the source, Dean having a cigarette in his mouth. There were a group of stoners down further, smoking out of a bong, which oddly wasn't the weirdest thing I'd ever seen.

"Well well well, look what the cat dragged in." Dean smirked, obviously taking notice of my appearance.

I rolled my eyes as I walked over to them.

"Come to forget about the world for a little bit?" Archer teased, as I sat down next to him, my legs dangling over the ledge.

"Actually, yes."

Dean looked over at me, both of his oddly perfectly arched eyebrows raised. "Penny for your thoughts?"

I snorted, pulling my jacket tighter around me. "If you did that, I'd be on the first plane out of here."

Dean chuckled as he stood up from his spot. "I'm gonna see if the stoners want an extra member of their rotation."

I laughed watching him walk to the other end of the roof, silently hoping the stoners would laugh at him and send him away. But Dean was  pretty intimidating, always getting what he wanted.

"What's going on in that pretty little head of yours, Blackwood?" Archer questioned, nudging my shoulder softly, bringing me back to reality.

"You wouldn't want to know." I assured him, looking out over the surprisingly nice view of Lakewood.

"I've got nothing better to do." He replied with a shrug, making me look at him skeptically. "Go on, enlighten me."