Could You Love Me {XXIV}

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

"Oktober."

A familiar voice called after me, as I exited through the doors of the school. I spun around on my heels, coming face to face with Axel.

"What can I do for you, Mr Dawson?" I teased, making him roll his eyes as we walked down the steps.

"Now before I ask you this, just know it's my mother's idea." He warned, making me laugh.

"This should be good."

Axel smiled as I laughed, almost looking nervous.

"Would you like to be my plus one to my cousins wedding this weekend? My mom and her both insist that I bring a ... date, and you're the only semi worthy candidate."

"You know you could've just asked to take me on a date, Axel. You didn't have to blame it on your mother." I smirked, causing him to roll his eyes once more, letting out a laugh.

"In your dreams, Blackwood."

I decided to stop teasing him and think about his question, finding that I really didn't have a reason to say no.

"Sure, I'd love to be your date." I answered in a posh voice, making the both of us laugh.

"We're leaving Friday morning, since it's a long drive." Axel said, opening the door to my car for me, leaning on it as I got in.

"So pick me up Thursday night?" I questioned, not able to hide my growing smirk.

"Of course." He smiled before shutting my door, tossing me a wink as he walked away to his car.

I sighed leaning back in my seat.

To think that hating each other would've been the best option was flat out stupid. Everything was so much easier when we were on good terms, I was happier.

Which then again, wasn't good, but what also wasn't  good was that I needed to get a dress for the wedding and Imogen was gonna flip.

Yay.

~

"Oh my gosh, so what if when you guys are slow dancing he does that little dip thing and plants one right on your kisser!?" Imogen exclaimed enthusiastically, raking through the dresses on the racks.

"I doubt that will happen." I replied, rolling my eyes. "And what makes you think I'll be slow dancing?"

"Can you please be an optimistic person for once? You know you wouldn't mind."

"I wouldn't mind you shutting up right about now." I mumbled, making her roll her eyes.

"I think I found your dress." She shouted suddenly, startling the people behind her, making me laugh.

She walked back over to me carrying a satin olive green colored dress, an anxious smile on her face as she handed it to me.

"Try it on." She ordered, plopping down on the chair in front of the dressing room.

It had thin straps and a sort of v-neck line which exposed a lot of chest, but still minimal as to where it was appropriate. It hugged my body but wasn't tight and flowed down to my feet.

All in all I thought it looked pretty good.

"Let me see O!" Imogen yelled obnoxiously.

I opened the curtain and walked out, making Imogen squeal in excitement.

"You have to get it, it looks great." She exclaimed. "Axel won't be able to keep his hands off."

"My goal isn't to make Axel keep his hands on me, Imogen." I reminded her making her roll her eyes.