Could You Love Me {XIII}

"And I lost it
when you found me"

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"You'd actually skip?" Axel questioned as we reached the parking lot, arching an eyebrow.

I spun around on my heel, turning to face him, both of mine raised.

"You don't think I've skipped before?"

A light smirk appeared on his face and I knew he was going to say something smart.

"Delinquency doesn't fit you." He paused, building up the suspense, leaning closer to my face. "Being a good girl and all."

I snorted unattractively, letting out a hard laugh. "Me and good do not even fit in the same sentence. Good girl my ass."

"Prove it." He provoked, grabbing my hand and pulling me toward a parking spot.

We came to a stop in front of an all black, sleek, sports bike and Axel handed me a helmet, obviously enjoying my shocked face.

"Get on, unless it goes against your good girl morals."

I scoffed, taking the helmet out of his hands, holding onto his shoulders as I swung my leg over the side, easily getting on.

"I hope you know you're buying me breakfast." I stated, sliding the helmet on.

"Better hold on tight." He grinned, making me roll my eyes, wrapping my arms around his torso.

***

"So there's this weekend trip that my aunt and uncle drag Imogen, my cousin, and I on." I began, feeling his interested gaze on me. "But Imogen always brings Chase and my cousin always brings his girlfriend, and I swear I won't be able to handle another trip with all of them by myself. So, would you be interested in saving a friend?" I finished, watching his light smile make an appearance.

"Will I be getting paid?"

I scoffed, reaching across the table of the diner we were in and hitting his arm.

"No asshole."

"Kidding. Well, not really." He laughed making me roll my eyes. "But on a serious note, I would love to save you from the couples retreat."

I pretended not to be surprised as I watched him, trying to read if he was joking or not.

"Seriously?"

"Seriously."

***

"Kate?" I called as I walked into the house, tossing my bag onto the couch.

"Yes sweetie?" She answered, walking out of the kitchen.

"I hope you don't mind, but I sort of invited Axel to come with us on the trip. You and Imogen always make it a coupley thing and I need a savior." I announced, hopping onto the counter.

"Of course I don't mind." She smirked, looking at me knowingly.

"What?"