Could You Love Me {XXVIII}

"Have you no idea that you're in deep?
I've dreamt about you nearly
every night this week"

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

"So, how was it?" Imogen questioned, a big ol' smirk on her face as if I had the juiciest gossip she's heard all year.

"It went surprisingly well." I shrugged and she deadpanned.

"That's it? That's all I get? ... For real?"

I groaned shutting my locker.

"Not much happened Imogen, we had a road trip there, went to the rehearsal dinner, went to a wedding, watched movies, then a road trip back home. Nothing fancy."

"Oh, 'watched movies' huh?" She taunted, trying to find something in nothing.

"And we did just that." I stated, leaving her no room to argue.

We walked over to Axel and the boys who were posted up on the lockers, Dean busy flirting his way into some girls pants.

Why am I not surprised.

"Hey." Axel greeted, a smile on his lips as his strong arm slung around me, pulling me into him.

He looked extremely good his white t-shirt and signature leather jacket that I hadn't seen in a while, one hundred percent making my heart flutter.

"Hey." I managed to get out, a little shocked from his sudden actions.

Imogen shot me her wiggling eyebrows and a smirk, and I glared at her in return. The bell rang out annoyingly and the students rushed to get to their classes, making me sigh.

Axel released me from his hold as we started to walk, his mood suspiciously happy.

"Try not to miss me too much." He winked and I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"Try not to let your ego inflate anymore than it has." I retorted, and he laughed as he walked down the hall.

***

I was in a bad mood and by bad mood, I meant bad mood.

The teachers today were going crazy, swamping us with a shit ton of work. Kate texted me and told me her and Rob were going out of town for the week. Alexander followed up on that and told me he was leaving again for college which meant I'd be alone in the house. On top of that I couldn't get my fricking locker open, so I was being forced to carry around my four massive text books filled with papers.

It was not a good day.

I entered the cafeteria, already out of breath from the mere fifty pounds I was holding, walking over to the lunch table we all sat at regularly.

And just when I thought my day couldn't possibly get any worse,

"Hi Oktober!" A nasally voice rang out before someone aggressively shoved me, causing me to stumble and drop my books, my papers to scattering everywhere.

I turned around livid, only to come across who I had assumed it was, Taylor and her beat brain barbie's.

"What in the actual fuck is your problem?" I spat as I stood face to face with her.