Could You Love Me {VI}

"I still want to drown, whenever you leave
please teach me gently, how to breathe"

CHAPTER SIX

My Saturday nights were mostly spent re-watching movies and binge eating chocolate all alone in my room, unless I was out partying with Imogen.

But this Saturday night was different.

Very different.

I stood outside of my house, awaiting on Axel to pick me up. I wasn't sure as to why I agreed or how Imogen got me to, but she did and I couldn't back out.

The cool autumn wind blew in the dark of the night, making me pull my leather jacket around me tighter. My feet bounced anxiously as I saw headlights from down the street.

Never had I thought I'd be hanging out with Axel, again, unsanctioned by school work.

I urgently opened the passenger door, allowing the heat to engulf me desperately, feeling slightly intoxicated by the scent of Axel's cologne. He wore his signature leather jacket, a black t-shirt underneath which hugged his muscles, exposing the outline of his toned torso.

Absolutely drool worthy.

But I wasn't going to drool.

Well, at least not in front of him.

"Ready?" He questioned, fixing his gaze on me.

"If you mean ready to watch you get your ass beat in this race, then yes, I am ready."

Axel let out a chuckle, putting the car in gear before speeding off. "Lying doesn't suit you, Blackwood."

I rolled my eyes, turning up the radio as he sped down the back roads leading to the abandoned drag strip known as "The Track".

"Stay by my side until I have to go, then stay with Archer or Dean. Don't leave their sight." Axel ordered, not giving me any room to argue, getting out of the car.

Imogen cheered, sliding off the hood of Chase's car, walking towards me.

"Took you two long enough." She declared, a devilish smirk on her face. "Steamy hot car sex?"

I shoved her while Archer and Dean approached us, amused expressions on their faces.

"She wishes." Axel retorted, making me roll my eyes.

"In your dreams, Dawson."

"You know it baby." He smirked, rendering me speechless.

What an asshole.

"Competition tonight is who we thought, Davidson. But I made sure the money's good." Dean told Axel, making me go stiff.

He looked at me then turned back to Archer, whispering something in his ear, making him nod firmly.

I had been to the track once before, with my ex, and it wasn't the best place to be. But I was still confused as to why Axel was acting like I needed to be in some Princess Protection Program.