Could You Love Me {XXXI}

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

It had been a week and I hadn't left my room once.

Kate had been in and out, checking up on me, her worried eyes told me she wanted to ask what happened but my emotionless eyes shot her down every time.

Imogen had been calling me incessantly, but I ignored every last one of them, not wanting to talk to anyone.

I felt weak, battered, destroyed.

The bruises on my body were now a very noticeable purple and faint black, only serving as a constant reminder of that night.

You'd think having this happen to me almost twice that I'd know how to cope with it, but I didn't. After Davidson, I tried to pretend like it didn't happen, and I buried myself into partying and alcohol. But this time felt like I couldn't forget it happened. Every night I try to sleep but I only end up feeling his disgusting grip on me and those sinister eyes.

I was sleep deprived and a ball full of emotions, and I just wanted to crawl in a hole and stay there forever.

"O?" Imogen's familiar voice called, peaking her head through the door to make sure I was in there. "What's going on?" She questioned bluntly, shutting the door and plopping down on the edge of my bed.

I sat up, my eyes meeting hers, only to have tears pour out of them immediately and sobs rake my body.

That was only the second time I had cried since it happened, the first time being the night of. Looking at Imogen's worried face made my emotionless state break, feeling all the fear washing back in.

Imogen quickly embraced me, squeezing me as she asked what was wrong again.

"It almost happened again."

I felt her freeze up, sending the signal that she knew what I was talking about. I felt her pull me off of her so I could look at her, her hand pressing against my shoulder making me flinch.

She deadpanned and her hand carefully pulled the collar of my shirt down to reveal my bruised shoulder and collar bone. She gasped, her hand shooting to her mouth as tears started to fill her eyes, making me feel even more disgusted with myself.

"How?" She whispered as I diverted my gaze away from her.

"Friday night." I spoke, my voice raspy and gross. "You disappeared with Chase and Axel got drunk and went off with some chick and I was mad. I tried to wait for you but I got impatient and as I left Axel stopped me and we got into an argument which made me even more mad. I ended up walking and there was a guy from the Snake Pit who knows Davidson, watching me. He pulled me into an alleyway."

Imogen stayed silent as she embraced me again, rubbing my back reassuringly. "I'm so sorry, O."

"He got my clothes off but that was it." I cried weakly into her shoulder. "He didn't get the chance to continue but I-I was so scared. I am scared."

"It'll be okay O, I promise." Imogen assured. "Who else have you told?"

"No one." I whispered, making her shake her head.

"Oktober we have to tell someone."

I could tell Imogen was trying to keep her anger to a minimum, but the tone of her voice was already enough to know she was furious.