Could You Love Me {XIV}

"A rose-colored dream when she's loving you
with a cartwheel heart
never running out of room"

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"Since you're taking the more scenic route, you should be there by dinner time." Kate announced to Imogen, handing her phone back with the directions on it.

"Yes ma'am." Imogen saluted, looking up at Chase who was taking the roof of her Jeep off.

"Speaking of dinner time." Chase spoke, jumping down. "Aunt Kate please tell me you're making my favorite."

"Already ordered the ingredients, Chase." She laughed, making Chase cheer and Imogen and I roll our eyes.

Chase and his food.

"Oktober," Alexander cooed. "Boy toys here."

I looked up to see Axel getting out of his car, carrying a backpack over his shoulder.

I glared at Alex, walking over to greet Axel as he approached us.

"Axel, nice to see you again." Kate smiled.

He smiled back, shaking hands with Rob.

"Alex this Axel and Axel, this is my idiotic cousin Alex." I introduced, watching as Alexander examined Axel, a protective look on his face.

Despite how annoying Alex was, he always had a way of protecting me since we were young, a trait I loved about him.

"Pleasure meeting you." Alex spoke first, smirking at me.

"Pleasure is mine." Axel replied, turning to me with a smile on his kissable lips.

"Well we better get a move on. Drive safe Imogen." Rob spoke, getting into his truck.

"You got it Rob." Imogen nodded, getting into the drivers seat and me quickly running to the passenger seat before Chase could. "Let's get out of the cold."

The mountains we went to every year were hot all year round with beautiful waterfalls and endless activities to do, which is why the drive was so far, but so worth it.

"Ready for this?" I asked Axel, turning in the seat so I could see him.

"Of course." He replied, a smirk on his face.

***

Imogen and I sang at the top of our lungs, the radio blaring as we sped down the road.

There was nothing in sight for miles but the scorching hot sun and a desert on each side of us, so there were no possibilities of cars honking at us for violating their ears.

"When do we get out of this desert?" Chase questioned, his eyes examining the scenery behind his sunglasses.

"Hopefully soon, I gotta fill up." Imogen replied, looking at her gas gauge.

"We have a mile left before we get out and onto the exit." I spoke up, brushing my blowing hair out of my face.

"Maybe we should stop and pick up a tumbleweed, for a souvenir." Axel joked, making us laugh.