Could You Love Me {XXIX}

"So now I'm second guessing real life,
and if you left I still wouldn't feel right"

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

It was Friday night and no surprise as to where I was.

News traveled fast about some party being thrown on the other side of town across the tracks, and surprisingly, I wasn't too thrilled about it.

The other side of town wasn't the best place, knowing my past and bad experiences there, but Imogen forced me to come nonetheless.

I had psyched myself out by the thought of seeing the devil himself known as Davidson, fearing a run in with him. I tried to stay close to Axel, but Chase pulled him away seconds after we arrived.

I was nursing my red solo cup filled with soda all night, keeping the illusion that I was drinking when in reality I was the most sober one in the house, filled with bass pounding music and hormonal sweaty teens.

Imogen had disappeared a while ago with Chase but Axel was still missing, leaving me leaning against the wall in the corner by myself, observing the chaos before me.

Hands gripped my waist softly as they turned me to face whoever the hands belonged to. I was met with a familiar smirk and blazing ocean eyes that seemed to make my heart pick up a few paces every time they caught me in their trance.

"You haven't drank that cup all night." Axel stated, his hands still firmly gripping my waist.

"You've been watching me all night?" I questioned, a smirk of my own creeping it's way onto my face.

"Maybe." He replied, his breath smelling of alcohol as it fanned my face.

"Have you been drinking?" I questioned, pulling his hands off my waist so I could take a step back and examine him further.

His eyes were blood shot and he was wobbling a lot, leaning against the wall so he could keep his balance.

"Maybe." He repeated, chuckling at himself afterwards. "I don't really remember."

Axel wasn't a big drinker, normally because I was the one doing enough drinking for the both of us. A beer here and there wasn't uncommon, but hard liquor?

Never.

"Axel baby, I've been waiting for you in the bedroom." Some high-pitched, fake blonde haired, bitch whined, pulling Axel by his arm up the stairs.

Axel in return shrugged and threw his head back laughing, stumbling as she pulled him along.

I scoffed at him and at the fact that the whore had the nerve to roll her eyes at me, feeling anger course through my veins.

Axel was just like any other guy, an asshole.

And I was the stupid girl who happened to think in the slightest that the bad boy would actually like her.

What a sad case.

I turned around, chugging every last bit of the contents in my cup, before carelessly throwing it aside.

I walked into the vacant kitchen, hopping on the counter and leaned against the cabinets, waiting for Imogen to appear from wherever she disappeared so I could get out of the place.

***

I didn't know how long I waited in the kitchen for, but it felt like forever.

Just as I had enough of waiting, Axel came bounding down the stairs, stopping me on my way out.

"Let go of me Axel." I seethed, ripping my arm out of his grasp.

"Woah, calm down." Axel spoke groggily over the music, rubbing his eyes as if he just woke up.

I guess messing around with the wannabe barbie tired him out.

I ignored what he said, continuing to walk out of the house, ending up in the practically vacant front yard, the music still pounding loudly.

"Oktober wait." Axel groaned running after me.

He grabbed my wrist, pulling me into him.

"Stop." He whispered, his eyes shooting me a confused look.

"Let me go! Shouldn't you be busy with your blonde upstairs?" I bit, shoving him off of me.

"Blonde? Oktober what are you talking about?" Axel questioned, rubbing his face aggressively.

"So now you're trying to pull the clueless card huh? Fuck off Axel." I scoffed.

"Let me drive you, you're not walking alone. Especially on this side of town." Axel muttered, taking his keys out of his pocket.

I'm starting to think he's more hard headed than I am.

"I'm not going anywhere with you." I retorted, continuing my long walk back home.

"Oktober, don't be fucking stubborn." Axel snapped, stepping in front of me.

"You are in no place to judge my actions right now." I scowled, looking up at his chiseled face, being careful not to fall for those beautiful ocean eyes like I had before.

"Fine, walk home. I couldn't care less." Axel scoffed, his jaw clenched.

"I will." I muttered, shoving past him.

***

A/N:
NEXT CHAPTER CONTAINS POTENTIAL TRIGGERING CONTENTS SO PLEASE BE SURE TO SKIP AHEAD IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO READ!

-MT