Could You Love Me {XXV}

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

"Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep."

I groaned reaching out to turn off the alarm, only for my hand to end up landing on a child's head.

"Wake up." A bright eyed, energetic, Nina giggled.

I smiled at her, pulling my hand off her head and rubbing my eyes.

I sat up in the bed, only to have Axel's arm that was around my waist pull me back down.

"Ten more minutes." He groaned tiredly, making Nina squeal.

"No, mommy said up now! We have a road trip!"

I laughed at Nina's energy, prying Axel's arm off of me and getting out of the warm bed.

I walked to the bathroom, doing my morning routine then dressing in leggings and a hoodie.

No need to look good for a road trip.

When I walked back out Axel was already dressed, my bag and his bag in both his hands.

"Ready?" He questioned.

"Ready." I repeated, following him down the stairs.

Axel decided to take his car so there would be more room, which meant I'd be riding with him, alone, for hours.

Oh goodie.

We all walked outside, the sun was barely peaking over the horizon, making the sky look a faint pinkish orange color.

"Mommy can I ride with Axel and Oktober?" Nina asked, clutching her blanket and pillow.

Tammy looked to Axel who nodded in return, lifting Nina up into his arms.

"Of course you can." Axel smiled, making her giggle.

"Don't forget Chuck." Eric said, handing Nina her stuffed caterpillar who's name was apparently Chuck.

"Thanks dad." Nina gushed as he kissed her forehead, then loaded the rest of the bags in their car.

"Drive safe guys. Axel do you have the right directions hun?" Tammy questioned.

"Yes mom." Axel groaned, making me laugh.

We all got in the cars and Axel looked at me, making me arch an eyebrow at him.

"First stop, food."

***

"I spy with my little eye something.... yellow!" Nina announced, making me look around the scene in front of me.

"The car in front of us?" I questioned, making her sigh.

"Crud." She mumbled, making me laugh.

We were at a gas station and Axel was inside paying. We had a few hours down and one left before we arrived.

Thank the lord.