Could You Love Me {XXVII}

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

"I hope my family wasn't too crazy for you." Axel spoke as we left the wedding which was then just a bunch of tipsy adults dancing around and grand-parents sitting because they've had too much wine.

"No of course not, I had a great time." I smiled, wrapping my arms around myself as the wind slightly blew, feeling goosebumps beak out all over my skin.

Axel shrugged off his suit jacket, wrapping it around my shoulders. It was big of course, but the heat radiating from it was phenomenal, and I smiled at him thankfully.

"I never got a chance to tell you, you look beautiful tonight." He stated, looking up at the stars as we walked, casually.

But there was nothing casual about the way my heart skipped a beat and my face burned from my blush.

The familiar feeling of a weight being lifted off my shoulders coursed through me, probably because whether I'd like to admit it or not, I'd been waiting all night to hear those words from him.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself." I replied nonchalantly, though I was anything but calm.

He simply smiled down at me, opening the door for us as we walked back into the hotel.

"Get changed and meet me back out here?" Axel questioned, leaning against his door.

My eyebrows raised in confusion but I agreed none the less, walking inside my hotel room and shutting the door.

I quickly changed out of my dress and into a hoodie and pajama shorts, before washing off my makeup and tossing my hair into a sloppy ponytail.

Quite the looker, I know.

I walked back into the hall to find Axel posted up on the wall causally, on his phone, still managing to look good in his hoodie and shorts.

"I have something I wanna show you." He said, sliding his phone into his pocket and grabbing my hand, leading me down the hall.

When we got into the elevator he pushed the button to the top floor, making me quirk an eyebrow at him. He looked down at me with a bright smile on his face, his thumb tracing over the bridge of my nose where a cluster of freckles laid, automatically making me feel shy.

"You looked beautiful earlier but you look even more beautiful without the makeup. I like seeing your freckles." He admitted making my jaw slightly drop.

Had this kid drank too much wine? Or smoked a little something with his crazy uncle?

I remained silent, looking away from him so he wouldn't see my embarrassment, which only caused him to chuckle in return.

I couldn't get anything past him.

Finally the elevator dinged and the doors open, a little late to be saved by the bell but better than never.

I followed his lead, walking down the hall close behind him. The floor was kind of sketchy, it looked vacant, like no one was staying up there, the lights either out or flickering.

I jumped when the doors closed, making Axel laugh.
I punched his arm in return before holding onto it as we walked.

"Listen, if you're planning on killing me, could you do it somewhere less creepy?"

He laughed again, pulling me with him as he made a sharp left through a door, leading us to a flight of stairs.

"Why do you always assume I'm going to kill you?"

"Because you always kidnap me and never explain what we're doing." I retorted, following him through yet another door, the feeling of a cold breeze catching me off guard.