Could You Love Me {VIII}

"When we had our first kiss
it was your favorite thing
and you weren't lying
when you said it would sting "

CHAPTER EIGHT

It was Friday night, which meant another party.

It wasn't at Imogen's, meaning I was forced to drive. But that wasn't going to stop me from the self induced alcohol coma that was calling my name.

I'd end up walking home anyways.

"There's my bad ass best friend!" Imogen hollered, jumping off the hood of Chase's car, walking over to me.

"We saw the aftermath of what you did to Taylor. Nice Job." Archer smirked, giving me a one armed hug.

"Yeah it was. A broken nose and two black eyes." Dean added, an amused smirk on his lips.

I laughed so they wouldn't see my dismay. "I'd rather not talk about that."

Archer nodded, "Of course."

I was shocked that a genuinely nice and respectful guy like him was best friends with Axel. Dean wasn't a surprise on the other hand, being the cocky asshole he was. But at least he was mostly tolerable, having his moments when he was nice.

I looked around to see everyone but Axel, which made me grow curious.

Not that I cared or anything.

It was probably best that he wasn't around me, knowing how explosive I was when I drank.

"Shall we party?" Imogen questioned, linking arms with me.

"We shall." I sighed, allowing her to pull me into the teenage mayhem, the boys following in tow.

Some people praised me for what happened with Taylor, some girls gave me dirty looks, some guys flirted. But I ignored them all, focusing on my one and only mission; finding the alcohol.

"Well aren't you a beauty." I sighed blissfully, picking up the untouched bottle of vodka out of the cooler.

My eyes searched the room for the perfect place to sit and drink away, only finding Axel in the corner, posted up with some blonde.

Her lips were on his neck and his arm was around her waist that was nearly exposed. Her boobs were on the verge of spilling out of her dress, obviously wearing a bra that was too small for her, and her dress could have classified as a tank top, barely managing to cover her ass. 

Her face had makeup caked on top of makeup, making me cringe. And her blonde hair-, I was not even going to comment on that.

Axel's eyes soon met mine, his impassive expression never changing, making me realize I'd been staring for too long.

With that, I spun around on my boot covered heel, exiting the room.

***

"Don't tell me you finished that whole bottle on your own." Dean, the person I had least expected to find me, laughed, entering the kitchen.