Chapter 10

Morning came and Kayn woke Petra as soon as the sun peaked through the trees. She tossed and turned, hating the idea of rising for the day but Kayn urged her to. It was time to start her training.

Outside the air was filled with the sounds of wildlife and the scent of dew covered grass. It was the most peaceful thing the two had experienced in days. Petra relished it for a short moment before Kayn had returned from scoping out the area for anyone watching.

Soraka had awoke and said she would search the surrounding woods for food while Kayn trained Petra. It was handy having a healer with them, it allowed the two to fight with almost no restrictions. Pain was only temporary and as long as Kayn was disciplined and kept from coming at Petra in full force he felt he could get enough effective battle training in for them to head into the center of Noxus. 

"Alright, Petra." He spoke "I'm going to remain myself, but carry Rhaast with me. Do not hold back, I will heal." Kayn took on a defensive stance and prepared for Petra to fight.

"I-I'm not sure where to start." She spoke, swaying in the morning wind, still groggy. "I've never had to start a fight."

In only a second Kayn had lunged at her, kicking her legs out from under her body. She hit the ground hard and angrily stared at Kayn who now stood in front of her, his stance more aggressive. 

"Are you fucking joking?" Petra hissed, placing her arms under her to lift back to her feet. Kayn dived for her again, flipping her body over so she was on her back.

She got the message, they were fighting now. It was loud and clear Kayn was actually going to fight her. "You ass hole." She dug her hand into the ground and two large crystals shot up from behind Kayn. Caught off guard he staggered forward and Petra used it to her advantage. She lifted herself to her feet quickly and ran around to the back of her crystals. Her eyes began to glow and she formed smaller crystals at the base of her feet. 

"That'a girl." Kayn growled, regaining his composure. He hopped into the air and was now standing behind Petra. He grabbed her neck, keeping her in a choke hold. She shifted her body weight and kicked the crystals at her feet, shattering them into tiny arrowhead sized pieces. 

Kayn held her tightly, before tossing her aside and climbing on top of her body to restrain her hands. "Do you need these to control your crystals?" He scoffed, showing off  his sheer strength. Petra whimpered from under his grasp and glanced around quickly looking for the shards of crystal she had broke from the ground. 

"No." She hissed, and within that moment the crystals darted over and pierced Kayn's body leaving bloodied cuts and gaping holes throughout his back. He Threw himself off of her and landed on his feet, his fingers finding a particularly large shard planted at his shoulder. He tore it out  before grabbing Petra's legs and dragging her across the ground over to a tree where he hoisted her up and held her arms above her head. 

"Sorry, love." He smiled, then with her own crystal pierced the palm of her hand, nailing her against the tree. 

Petra shirked in pain, but the agony set her ablaze. Her body began to shake, her skin turning cold and with the hand he hadn't priced she grasped Kayn and through the very tips of her fingers came tiny crystals, like that of a geode. They engulfed Kayn's shoulder, trailing up to his neck and down his right arm. They produced quickly and in a very large quantity and she had fully encased his entire right side before yanking her pierced hand from the tree and collapsing to the ground in total exhaustion. 

"Ok, ok you win." Kayn struggled, unable to break the thick shell that formed around his skin. "Tell me you can break this."

Petra tiredly glanced up, she herself amazed at what she accomplished. "I don't know, I've never done it before." 

Kayn's body contorted for a second, his size increasing as the Darkin came and left. The crystals shattered and fell to dust at his feet. He knelt down next to Petra grasping her wounded hand in his. "We'll have Soraka fix this for you when she returns."

EDITED 11/20/17