Chapter 12

After Soraka had healed Petra's hand the trio ate her gatherings in silence. Petra and Kayn avoided eye contact trying their best to calm themselves. It was clear they both desperately wanted each other, the lust practically flooded the room.

On the other hand, the only thing on Soraka's mind was her friend and their rescue mission. "When do you think you'll be ready to head into Noxus?" She asked while munching on a banana. (Yes. A banana.)

Petra glanced at Kayn, immediately blushing.

"I think we'll be ready tomorrow." He said matter-of-factly. Petra's eyes widened in disbelief.

"We've trained once!" She exclaimed. "You're going to throw me to the lions so soon?"

Soraka held her breath, prepared for another fight to break loose.

"Petra you're so strong. I don't think you even realize it." He replied, being as sincere as he could. Kayn was standing now, pacing the room

"I don't feel strong." She too got up, following Kayn closely. "I could hardly beat you and you weren't even trying." 

"But I know you can do it. I know you'll be fine." Truthfully he wasn't sure. He hoped his words of encouragement would sound believable enough to give Petra a spark of motivation. But the truth was that they were running out of time, especially if the people who kidnapped Soraka's friend were from the same cause as the men who kidnapped Petra herself.

"I'm not ready, Kayn." She spoke, her eyes finding the floor.

"Well you have to be." Kayn approached her, lifting Petra's chin up so he could look at her. "I'll protect you, but I know you'll be fine." His smile was hollow. Some how she believed him...

They left that evening just as the sun was setting. Each wore a cloak to keep their face covered, hoping the cloaks themselves wouldn't draw just as much attention. Their goal would be to slide into Noxus unseen and then from there stay hidden in the shadows. Soraka wasn't sure where Lulu had been taken, but Kayn had been here before. He had a few suspicions.

In a way Petra was still put off by Kayn's demands of her. That she could fight, and would have to, regardless of her experience. It didn't make her feel strong or powerful and truthfully those were the feelings she was hoping for. But as they traveled the dark and gloomy streets of Noxus Petra held the crystal shard around her neck, toying with it, almost absorbing it's energy. Though she wasn't prepared to fight, she was as ready as she could be.

Noxus was a toxic mess of a city. Even the street lights seemed miserable. In fact everyone they walked past looked miserable. It helped them in a way, as everyone was too caught up in themselves to care about the three cloaked figures who slinked along in the shadows. 

"Where are we going?" Asked Soraka. She was becoming more and more impatient as they progressed and Kayn had noticed.

"We're going to a bar thats a few blocks away. The bar owner is a real shady guy." Kayn was leaning in very close to Soraka, his eyes shifting from side to side making sure no one was listening. "He's notorious for knowing everything and anything that happens in Noxus, and for the right price he'll tell you what he knows. If your friend is here, this guy will know."

Soraka nodded, her arms crossing defensively over her chest as they trudged along. Petra rushed up to Kayn as well, a list of her own questions growing longer by the second.

"Do you know this guy?" Was her first question. "Does he know you? How do you know he'll be willing to help?"

Kayn stopped walking and spun around to face Petra. "Love, I know that he'll know what we're asking him. That's all I know."

His answer was far from reassuring and the fact that they had to continue on was far from settling. Petra's stomach was turning and her palms lined with sweat. She literally wreaked of fear and it was obvious. 

"I need you to breath, Petra." Kayn whispered from over his shoulder. "Rhaast has been nagging in my ear. He can smell your fear." 

Petra swallowed hard "I'm sorry. I can't help it."

"Well do you're best. We're here."

The bar was a dominant part of the street. It's neon signs and lights flickered wildly, drawing everything's attention. Inside was even worse, it was loud and crowded. The people inside looked hard and tough. Everyone had a drink in their hand, and a weapon close by. Half naked women danced on almost every table top, some draped over the battle-worn men. The bar was very far from classy, and so Petra stuck close to Kayn.

They approached a dimly lit table at the very back of the bar which was a feat within itself as they squeezed their way through the crowd to get there. The seats were velvet and large, much nicer than the rest of the bar. An awfully ugly looking creature sat there alone with empty bottles all over the table and floor surrounding him.

 As they neared, Kayn turned to Soraka and Petra "Stay here. Let me talk to him." And he left them to speak with the fowl looking monster. 

EDITED 11/21/17