Chapter 23

The duo regained their composure, slipping back into their clothes and fixing their hair. The music down stairs was positive and uplifting and as they traveled down the stair well they heard cheering and clapping. When they entered the bar it seemed as though everyone was having a grand time. They were celebrating Katarina's safe return.

"Wow, she must be a big deal around here." Petra leaned into Kayn, hollering above all the sound.

He nodded, his eyes tracing the crowd. There was still folks in Noxus that were not Kayn's biggest fan and although he had the bar owner on his side it wasn't a fight he wanted to pick. Not now, at least. Although he had the scythe on his back hidden under his cloak he began feeling sick again. Maybe it was the fact that Rhaast had tried to make an appearance while he and Petra were being intimate. Truthfully, if that wasn't what was in fact making him nauseous- he didn't know what was. And the thought of that detail being unknown made him feel even more sick.

He put it in the back of his mind.

They entered into the crowd of Noxians and as Petra and Kayn neared the bar the music halted. The crowd began to boo until Urgot stood atop the bar and gathered everyone's attention.

"We have a special guest with us tonight, folks!" He hollered above the low grumbling of the room. "The savior of my dear niece, Katarina is with us."

"Oh no..." Kayn whispered "Fuck. This isn't good."

"Where are you, son?" Urgot surveyed the crowd for Kayn until he spotted him and then had the crowd push him forward to the bar. "This man went out of his way to save Katarina." Urgot coughed, then cleared his throat. "Everyone give a warm round of applause to our resident hero for the night, Kayn."

The crowd went nuts. Everyone immediately around Kayn began patting him on the back, handing him drink after drink. Urgot looked on, pleased with his formal recognition of Kayn's heroic act. But Kayn, however, was not as thrilled.

"We need to leave Noxus." He pulled Petra close to him. "We need to leave now." He knew that if he were to need to fight anyone there's a good chance he'd loose. He still felt sick and it was in a way making him also feel weak, even with Rhaast inside of him.

Then, as if right on queue, the bar went silent. A hooded figure stumbled through the crowd towards Kayn. People were trying to stop the man, putting hands on his shoulders to try and pull him back. But still he trudged forward until he was only a few feet away from Kayn. The bar had separated it's self leaving an open floor for the mystery man and their Hero.

Kayn held his arm out in front of Petra, shooing her to the back. He recognized the dirty hood. It was one of the men from the swamp. Now that he thought about it, they did leave without killing the last one. Talon.

"You?" He spat, his body dirty and heavy with defeat. "You're Zed's prodigy?" Talon laughed wickedly.

Kayn said nothing, only slid his hand up to Rhaast, prepared to fight.

"Well I guess you proved your talent at the swamp." He reasoned "But you forgot something. Me." In the blink of an eye Talon disappeared, a dozen daggers flying towards Kayn. Another blink and he was behind Kayn, the daggers flying straight through him. Kayn fell to his knees, his hand reaching up to his chest. He felt a sharp pain by his heart and he could't tell if he were stabbed or going into cardiac arrest.

"You're nothing. I'll kill you and bring your head to Zed on a platter." Talon lunged at Kayn, and just in time Kayn rolled out of the way. Talon hit the floor, almost immediately pulling himself back to his feet.

No one in the bar intercepted the fight. Instead, they all stood in a circle egging it on. Urgot was holding Katarina back as she seemed to be trying to jump into the fight to help. Petra was also at a loss, doing her best to conjure crystals. Being inside made it difficult, and she was having a hard time doing anything productive.