CHAPTER 2

Alessandro

"Let's go!" As I make my way out, Nicholas and the others follow close behind. We get in our respective cars and begin the drive to our destination. I smirk as I look through the rearview mirror, watching the long line of cars behind us. Tonight isn't for making new deals, trades or receiving any shipment, it's our monthly good deed. We're the mafia and even though we are monsters when we must be, we have not forgotten our humanity. We don't participate in human trafficking nor do we approve of it, quite the contrary. It sickens me, the thought of using people for money. There are many forms that people are used to other's advantage, each repulsive in their own way. 

My eyes wander to the window on my right. I watch the passing trees and shining stars. Today we're paying a visit to one of the many places where all of that shit goes on. Sometimes we go to one of the hundreds of places owned by the bigger gangs but today it's the only building owned by a small group that calls itself The Golden Army. I have to roll my eyes at that name. We normally go for bigger targets because they pose a bigger threat to society. We know that this gang is small in number and since they are just starting we should have no issue killing most of them and retrieving the people they've been using for business. The thing is they've managed to take a lot of people. I can't let them keep growing in size. 

"Boss, we're here." As soon as Nico speaks I wait for him to stop the car before opening my door to get out, straightening myself afterwards. We move swiftly, preparing our guns and getting into our positions to infiltrate the place. No one moves until I give them the signal to move in. First, some of my men clear the area and then I walk in with my group of most trusted men. As capo they have to ensure my safety as best they can, that's why they clear the path first. I know I would probably be able to handle things but they don't want to take any chances.  As soon as we get in we notice the security is low, only a few guys who are far too distracted to notice my men sneaking up on them. They quickly and effectively take them out. Excellent. Every successful mission fills me with pride, especially when I see my men work so professionally.

Max puts one in a choke hold and proceeds to stab him with the syringe I had given him earlier tonight, it's filled with a sedative. Meanwhile, Blade uses his favorite tool: anything with a blade, his name is quite self-explanatory. He fights the man and then uses another syringe. They are my youngest and I know they can handle anything but I feel a need to protect them and I don't want them to kill anyone yet, if ever. I watch the two men fall to the ground and give both Max and Blade a nod of approval, they look back at me evidently feeling proud of themselves. They turn around and keep moving. I see a few other men engaging in combat but managing to quickly take the enemies down. I turn back to look at the limp bodies on the floor in front of me. Those two boys make me proud. I don't like putting them in danger and this is their first mission. I don't plan on taking them on another one any time soon, the only reason they're here is because I was completely sure that they'll be leaving unharmed. I lift my gun and fire twice. I watch as the blood begins to pool around the now lifeless men. I won't let my boys kill but I also don't like loose ends.

Now that the area is completely cleared, we continue making our way in and dividing into smaller groups in order to scope the entire area. We always find at least one of two things. It's either people being cut open or people being forced to sell their bodies. This time my group got the first. We enter the operating area which is filled with a few metal tables, with unconscious victims being cut or sewn on top. We begin shooting every member of The Golden Idiots making sure to have the advantage as always. They were all so preoccupied that they stood no chance because in a matter of seconds they're all out cold. I send a message to Nicholas to let him know we've taken care of things on our side and wait for his response. In less than a minute I hear my phone ring and pick up.