CHAPTER 5

Alessandro

"Are we good to go Nico?" I turn to look at my right-hand man before getting in the car.

"Yes, boss. All our artillery is in the trunks and your men are waiting for your command." I nod before answering.

"Excellent, let's leave." He nods in response. We both get in and start our drive toward our next rescue. I take a glance in the rearview mirror and watch as the rest of my men follow behind us. I turn back to the road and settle into my seat. I think about our mission for tonight.

It had been hard to track these motherfuckers down but no matter how good they are my team is better. The thought makes me smirk, my men are the best of the best. Even if it will be harder than last time, we will be saving many more people and I know that we can take them on without a problem. My smirk fades and is replaced with a scowl as I remember that this place is exclusively for sexual services. I ball up my fists, any type of human trafficking outrages me but soon Dominic and his so called Ghosts will regret everything they've done to their victims. Rumors about what they do have spread, as rumors usually do. The things that are said are atrocious and the punishment for causing so much pain will be infinitely worse. I look up and turn my gaze to our surroundings.

I perk up as I notice the building in the distance and the adrenaline starts kicking in, causing my heart to beat faster in anticipation. We finally pull up and I can't help but feel the excitement. I make sure to mask any feeling I may have, if I let the enemy see my emotions then I am giving them an advantage. Besides, the cold glare I've mastered makes anyone quiver and shrink in fear. We hurry to get out of the cars and I quickly take out my phone. Given the fact that security here is much tighter, I need to give the "ok" to Cleo so she and Alexander can tamper with their cameras and deactivate alarms. Once they do, it won't take long for them to notice something is wrong.

"Everybody ready!" I call Cleo and as soon as they manage to shut down their systems, we begin to move in.

The strategy for today is going in together and killing anyone that stands in our way, the priority is saving the prisoners but we want to get Dominic as well. We walk up to the front door which is only being guarded by two men. Axel and Nicholas take a shot at each guard before they have a chance to react and as expected both bullets hit their target. We watch as the lifeless bodies fall on the ground. As soon as they're out of the way my men open the door and we stealthily move in. It seems like they still aren't aware of the intruders, probably thanks to Alexander looping their footage. We continue walking and we take a turn to another hallway only to come face to face with a group of at least ten men. We all duck and hide before they begin shooting. We stand down as the gunshots begin raining down on us and get into position before retaliating. It takes us a while and I watch a few of my own men get shot during the encounter, men of the opposing gang continue to appear and we just stand our ground, taking them out one by one. The final and fatal gunshot is heard, killing the last man standing and silence ensues. We all get out from under our cover and I warily make my way through the rest of the hall. As I make my way through all the bodies on the floor I confirm that not one of these bastards is Dominic. This means he's still alive and hopefully still in the building. I make memory of the blueprints we had gone over and decide to try and make my way to what is supposed to be his personal office.

"Nico, I'm going to look for Dominic. Get the prisoners and our wounded men out of here, I'll meet you out front and if anything happens I'll call you." I see the hesitation in his eyes but he knows better than to try and fight me on this.