CHAPTER 8

Nicholas

My plan worked perfectly. The only problem is that Alex is most probably pissed off and looking for me. That is why I'm hiding and even if know that I can't disappear forever I will try to for a little while. I want to go look for Amber, for some reason I just have a desire to see her. In all honesty I can see why she caught the boss's attention. For starters she is gorgeous in her own way, different from what people here consider attractive. She doesn't need makeup and tiny skirts to draw attention to her because just her eyes are more than enough. Besides her physical beauty I've had the pleasure of a few interactions with her that have allowed me to see that she is an amazing girl on the inside as well. I pull myself from my thoughts and I decide to get out of here to start searching for her.

I start to my way through the corridors afraid of bumping into Alessandro with every turn I take. I feel the excitement of the chase coursing through my body. I continue to walk. I notice that I'm almost there! Hurry up Nicholas! I can make it. I just need to get to the end of this hall and make a turn, then it's straight ahead from there. Yes! I just need to reach the doors blocking my path to the next room. Man I am luck... Shit! My eyes are staring into those dark ones I know too well. He has his serious face on and his menacing glare, the one he makes whenever someone is about to die. I gulp because if there's one thing I'm afraid of it's a pissed of Alex. I try to smile at him and ease his anger but I obviously fail miserably. My smile drops when I realize that he is completely serious.

"Nico..." He growls lowly.

"Come on Alex. You love me." I hold my hands up and take a small step back. He just continues to stare, waiting for the right moment to attack.

"Brothers. Remember?" His face remains stoic.

"Insieme..." I wait for him to finish but he stays silent. I take another step back and he decides to take one forward.

I know that I have to get out of here if I want to live. Well, maybe I'm exaggerating, he wouldn't kill me but he would beat me up. I look around him to try and find a way around. I decide it's time to take a chance and I move my legs as fast as I can and manage to run past him before he has a chance to grab me. Yes! Now, where do I go? Well, there is only one way to go now. I continue my original route as fast as my legs can carry me. They're pumping underneath me as I push through the doors, winning a couple of stares in the process. I scan the room and finally I see Amber and Emliy at a distance. A smirk forms on my face. I know where I'm going. I push myself to move even faster because I had slowed down slightly. I feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins as I hear his heavy footsteps getting closer from behind. He's so preoccupied with catching me, that he hasn't noticed who I'm heading towards.

"Nico?" I hear a sweet voice laced with a little bit of concern.

Amber. I can see her eyes go wide when she notices that Alex is running after me. I quickly put myself behind her and crouch to her height in an attempt to shield myself from the wrath of the large beast running behind me. I have to lower myself significantly because man, is she tiny! I watch as Alessandro's eyes widen and tries his best to stop himself but it's a little too late. It's useless because he got too close and now he's about to bump into us. I notice Amber is bracing herself for the hit but I push her aside as soon as my mind processes what's going to happen next. I put my arms in front of me in an attempt to protect myself but I feel the impact of his large body. Ouch. He is heavy! I push him off of me and hurry to get up and away from him before he can hurt me. The first thing I notice when I look up is Amber's face full of shock and fear.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." I put my hands on her shoulders and try to make her look at me.

"It's ok, I was just surprised I guess." She looks up into my eyes. I freeze momentarily as she does. I feel something inside of me flutter and I pull my gaze away before it can continue.