CHAPTER 3

Amber

Even if I'd been dreading what was coming, a tiny part of me had been excited to get even the tiniest glimpse of the outside, see the sky or feel the breeze. But how stupid I was. He didn't give me that chance and it was naive of me to even think it was possible.

---

"Ready princess?"

My mom used to call me that and he uses it to taunt me.

"Yes, sir." I hardly ever speak, only whisper and I hate the fact that my voice sounds so small, so weak. I take a step foward but he gets in front of me and he lets out a laugh.

"You are an idiot. Did you think you're walking out of here?" Suddenly I feel a sharp pain in my neck. I see the needle in his hand as he throws it on the floor.

"As a parting gift I'll give you some advice. Never forget that you are stupid . You aren't worth a thing. You are a whore. You are disgusting and no one will ever want you. You think I don' t know that you actually believe someone will love you someday? I can hear you when you talk to yourself. You always made me laugh with all that shit. Stop dreaming kid, you're damaged goods. I owned you and now someone else does. Get it into your head that this is what you're meant for. The sooner you accept it, the easier it'll be."

With those being the last words I hear I watch as my surroundings fade and I'm enveloped by darkness.

---

Here I am after God knows how long, sitting in this pitch-black room. At least my last prison had a tiny lightbulb that gave me some light but this place is absolutely void of any. There is no crevice, no small hole to know what's happening outside. How long had I been unconscious? Where am I? Am I going to be left to rot here? No. That would be too easy. Someone bought me, which means they have a purpose for me. I try my best to stand but I feel incredibly weak, so instead I try my luck at freeing my hands from the rope around them but it's no use. All I can do is sit and wait just like I've always done.

I sit for what seems to be an eternity. When you are surrounded by nothing but darkness and silence you get lost in time. I am completely isolated and I know that if I don't die first, I am definitely going to lose whatever sanity I still have left. I had never felt so alone or desperate before. With each passing second my worries continue to grow. I can feel the tears welling up and this time I don't even try to stop it. I don't care anymore. They flow and I let out all of my frustration. I let out the sadness caused by the years of abuse I had been holding in. I don't know for sure how long I cry but I eventually begin to calm down. After the tears finally stop, I begin to feel tired. I've been trying to stay awake so they don't catch me by surprise but I can't anymore. I do my best to fight it but in the end, sleep wins.

---

A sudden flash of bright light makes me open my eyes abruptly, the intensity of it immediately making me shut them again.

"Hello Amber. I'm so happy your daddy finally accepted my offer." I don't even need to see who it is. I recognize that voice.

"You are so beautiful. Don't look so scared sunshine, I promise you'll like it." I still keep my eyes shut but I hear him come closer. 

"Your daddy told me to not hit you because you were weak, so today I won't. This is just a preview. When you recover we'll have some real fun." The memories race through my mind. No. Please, no. I look up only to confirm it's exactly who I thought. I watch the man who had been my father's newest client.

"I told you we'd have fun. Now you're mine and I can do whatever I damn well please. We're doing things my way now." He grabs my arm and pulls me up. I can finally see my surroundings. My eyes wander throughout the room. It's...empty?