CHAPTER 19

Amber

I can suddenly hear his voice in my head. I remember every time he told me I was stupid.

"You idiot!"

"Stupid girl!"

"As a parting gift I'll give you some advice. Never forget that you are stupid. You aren't worth a thing."

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

My father was right. How could I have thought that everything was going to be magically fine?

"Spechless, huh?" Dominic says.

He comes closer. He has another man by his side.

"Tell me sunshine, did you enjoy your stay here? I hope you did because you are never going to see this place again. You are mine and I've come to take you back." I don't know what comes over me but I look him in the eyes and respond.

"Alessandro will find me. You won't get away with this." I hear a loud laugh.

"Do you hear yourself when you speak? Why would he do that?" He laughs again.

"Oh, I get it now. He fucked you. He fucked you like the whore you are and now for some reason you think he loves you. That. Is. Rich!" He claps his hands together oncce.

"He ain't gonna look for you. Why would he? You think you're special? All you're good for is sex." He lifts his finger.

"You know what?" He takes out a cellphone from his pocket and turns to look at the other man.

"Make sure she doesn't speak." The man nods and begins coming my way. I shake more and more with every step that the man gives, the house is in a strange silence that is interrupted every time his foot touches the ground. As he gets nearer I see him take something out and I soon realize what it is. A gun. Before I even have the chance to be surprised, he is already by my side holding the gun to my head. I jump slightly at the cold touch of it.

"Say or do anything and I'll blow your brains out." I hear the voice of the man behind me. I try to stay as still as possible but I flinch as Dominic's voice booms through the room.

"Listen for yourself sunshine, let's see what he has to say." I hear a few beeps before Alessandro's voice sounds on the other end. I feel slightly relieved at his voice and by instinct I was about to say something when I remember the situation. I decide to obey and stay quiet.

"Who is this?" Alessandro sounds different than when he talks to me. There is something off about his voice, it's hard, demanding and void of any emotion. For the first time I actually feel threatened by him.

"Well, is that anyway to greet a friend?"

Alessandro

I sigh as once again Amber doesn't pick up the phone. Something is wrong. I try to convince myself I'm just being paranoid but somehow I can feel it. I'm clutching my cellphone when it starts ringing. I feel sudden hope shoot up inside of me but it's quickly replaced with fear, it's an unknown number. Irritated and worried for mia bella I respond harshly.

"Who is this?" I feel my heart freeze and I forget how to breathe when I hear the voice at the other end.

"Well, is that any way to greet a friend?" No. How did he get my fucking number? Amber. She is all alone. I hope it's just a coincidence. I hope she is safe at home, sitting somewhere reading.