CHAPTER 24

Warning: sexual content.

Alessandro

I have never slept better. I open my eyes to look at the girl in my arms. She looks so peaceful. I don't know what I've done to deserve her that's why I'm so afraid of losing her. It seems too good to be true. I pull myself away from those negative thoughts and instead focus on yesterday. Everything had gone even better than I imagined. We all enjoyed it and most importantly, Amber loved it. She had a smile on the whole time. I remember her face when she got home and saw everything, the moment she saw the cake, after every gift and the look she had when she found out I got her a puppy. She begged me to let her sleep in here and I agreed but only for tonight, otherwise she is going to get used to it. I feel Amber move in my arms. She opens her eyes slowly.

"Good morning." I can get used to this.

"Good morning. Would you like to have some breakfast?" She nods. I remove my arms and try to stand when her voice stops me.

"Wait, can we talk first?" She sounds nervous.

"Of course. What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just...Alessandro I know that there a lot of people protecting me but I want to learn how to be able to defend myself in case I'm ever alone. Please. I hate feeling so weak and vulnerable, expecting others to save me."

"If that is what you want. It will take time though. You won't learn everything in one day. You will have to train daily and it will not be easy. Are you really willing to commit to that?" She nods.

"I like it here Ale, but I get bored sometimes. Besides, I've been thinking about it for a while now. Even if I don't want to actually fight, I want to be able to help in case we are ever attacked again. I don't want to wait for someone to get shot while I run and hide." She feels fuilty for what happened to Nicholas.

"I just want you to know that wasn't your fault, but if you want to we can teach you. All of us have complete training, however we all have an area we excel in so you will train with all of us." She is excited.

"Thank you Alessandro!" She lays on top of me while hugging me. I press her tightly to myself.

"Would you like to start today?" She gasps.

"YES!" This girl. Amazing.

______________________________________

We stand in the middle of the training room. After breakfast I brought her here to the safe house with me to begin her training.

"Ok, well first of all we need to build you stamina. We have to train your body to withstand the physical activity and then we can begin working on your fighting abilities. We are going to be taking baby steps because I know you have never really had the chance to develop your physical condition." First we work on the treadmill for a warm up. After that, we do a series of stretches and standard exercise. After almost an hour we move onto technique. She is already tired but still very excited.

"Do you want to stop? It's your first session, it's fine if you want to." She gives me a determined look.

"No. I want to learn how to fight." She never ceases to amaze.

"Alright then..." We worked for almost another hour on her punches, blocks and kicks. I only taught her the basics and it was to the air. I want her to learn how to properly deliver the hits before having her use the punching bags and once she is ready we will begin one-on-one combat. I had already known she is a fast learner but today she surprised me. I thought she would have a much more difficult time. By the time we are done she is panting.