Chapter 11

Alessandro

"Normally, it would mean your immediate installment as a drug dealer." I can see her worried gaze. My worry is far greater than hers and before I know what I'm saying, I start to speak.

"However, I've been looking for someone to assist my housekeeper Melinda. She has been working for us for many years, as time passes she obviously gets older. Even if she can still do her job, I've been wanting to find someone to help her. Nico suggested that I give you the job. He says you seem trustworthy, which is something very important. So, what do you think about that Amber?" Mostly everything I said is a lie. Melinda is my housekeeper and although she has gotten older, she can still take care of things herself. Nicholas hadn't suggested anything of the sort, mainly because I'm not looking for anyone else to work at my house. Since it is my place, I don't let anyone else except for her or my most trusted men inside. The only other people there, are security guards I have placed there to protect it. I'm not sure if it's the right choice but I am most definitely not putting her in immediate danger.

"I...really?" I nod.

"Well, that would be nice. Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity." She seems relieved and slightly happy. I can only assume that she had been worried about the type of job she would have to do.

"So, when do I have to start?"I don't know.

"You can move in tonight and you will start first thing tomorrow morning." Although she is a little shocked she simply responds.

"Ok." In all honesty I'm just as surprised at myself. First, making up a fake job and second, moving her in so quickly.

"Great, now that we arranged everything you can go back in. I'll look for you once I am finished with some things and take you with me." I need to get out of here and sort my thoughts out. This girl is making me act on impulse, something I never do.

"Mhm."

"Ok, let's go back inside." I see her hesitate and notice a look of sadness pass her face.

"Is there a problem?" I raise an eyebrow.

"No, I just...umm...can I stay out here a little bit longer?" She bites her lower lip in a shy fashion. Her lips are the softest shade of pink, and although small they are plump at the same time. Oh my god, how can something so simple have such a large effect on me?

"Amber, you need to understand that you aren't a prisoner here. You are free to do whatever you wish so, go ahead. Just make sure to be ready by the time I go get you." She smiles.

"Ok. Thank you." With that I turn and leave. I have to go look for Nico and sort out some business. I won't hear the end of it when I tell him that Amber is going to work for me, personally. With a sigh I make my way inside. Before I go in though, I turn to take one final look at Amber. She looks so content. I can't help but stare at her, she seems to feel peaceful and without a worry. I hope that's true and that she feels this way from now on, after all, this is her new home. I sigh and clear my head. Well, time for work.

Amber

I feel so relieved. I had imagined what they do here, but I wasn't exactly sure about anything. The moment he mentioned they are a mafia, I became extremely worried because I am meant to work for them. I am so happy to know that I won't be doing anything bad or dangerous and even if I don't know what he expects of me, I'm sure I can do it. A part of me is telling me to be doubtful and careful because every man I've met is a disgusting pig and the other part of me is telling me that Alessandro is not like most men. I barely know him but for some reason I already feel that I can trust him. I close my eyes and try to calm my mind.