CHAPTER 29

Amber

As we stand there in silence I take notice of the house I had just run out to. It's nothing like the room I was in. I only have very few and blurry memories about the house but I didn't remember it being this nice. I haven't seen the rest of it but from what I have in front of me I can tell it is grand. Who is this man? How can he afford such a nice house? I begin piecing everything together. Soon I realize what I should have before. The guns, the disgusting men dressed in suits, the way he had gone after me and Nicholas, the way Tony did everything he ordered him to, this house. He has to be involved in the same world Dominic and Alessandro are in. I know it's a bad idea to speak but if I'm already going to die, I might as well.

"Who are you?" I feel him hit me with the weapon. Any pain that had subsided is coming back. I hold my head and feel the blood drip from a wound he had just created.

"That's for speaking without permission. I won't hit you again for it because you actually made an interesting question. One I enjoy answering.

"You see..." we are interrupted by the sound of multiple cars arrive.

"WHAT THE FUCK?" He yells in anger. As soon as he is about to storm out a man I don't recognize comes in. We begin to hear yelling and soon enough gunshots. The man quickly speaks.

"Boss, it's Santos." My heart beats in excitement and flutters with hope. He came for me, he found me.

"How the...TONY!" He pauses while groaning. He turns to look at me.

"That useless piece of shit didn't search you did he?" He comes over to me and picks me off of the floor by my arms.

"HOW DID THEY FIND US?"

"I-I don't know." I honestly didn't. How had they found me? He groans again. He takes out his gun again.

"I'm not getting out of here but neither are you." I gulp. Soon the front door bursts open and I see him standing there with a murderous gaze. Never had he seemed so deadly. Alessandro. Even with the blood staining his clothing and face, even with his threatening gaze I can't help but feel excited at the sight of him. Soon he notices what is happening and frowns even further when he takes a look at me. I don't know if he is angry about me being held at gunpoint or how bloody and bruised I am.

"Good job Santos." I hear the man next to me say. Soon Alessandro's face morphs into shock.

"Cobra." He spits out in response.

"Ah, ah, ah. King Cobra." What? How do they know each other?

"YOU'RE HER FUCKING FATHER?"

"Well, not really but I don't plan on going into details. I know I'm a dead man now but I won't let you taste victory." He pauses.

"Say goodbye to your bitch, Santos."

Boom.

I watch him fall forward, someone had shot him from behind. I turn around to see Vince and he yells at me to leave.

"Amber! Get out of here!" Soon my brain begins to function and I run. I don't care about my throbbing head or painful body, all I can think about is getting to Alessandro. I turn around quickly to look at Vince and see that he is taking care of Alan, the man I thought to be my father. He was still alive apparently but before he could try anything else Vincent knocked him out. I turn back around and continue running to Alessandro while he does the same. Everything suddenly feels right in the universe as he holds me in his arms. I know that I can stop fighting now, I know I am safe so I let the exhaustion take over.