CHAPTER 27

Amber

I wake up and look at Alessandro. I can't help but smile as memories of last night come back. I had finally been able to be with Alessandro. I had decided it was time for me to stop being afraid and he helped get rid of any nervousness. He went slow, he was gentle and patient, he didn't lose his dominant demeanor but he still made me feel in control as well. Everything had been so perfect. It had been slightly painful at first but even then, it wasn't unpleasant. As he continued it begin to fade and complete bliss followed. Soon he felt my comfort and I wasn't able to contain myself when he decided it was time to move faster. I felt completely exposed last night, except it wasn't just my body, it was me. Everything. We reached another level of intimacy. He decided to share something important with me. Apparently his scars were a very big insecurity for him but he soon forgot his discomfort. He proved that he feels just as comfortable as I do. He shifts next to me. I take in the fact that we are still without our clothes and relish in the feeling of his skin warm skin against mine.

"Good morning amore, did you sleep well?"

"Better than ever actually." We smile at each other and share a small kiss.

"Do you feel alright? Did I hurt you at all? Do you regret it..."He begins throwing questions at me.

"Ale! Stop. It was...incredible. I will never forget it. I have no regrets, not the slightest. You were very gentle with me and I appreciate it very much. I could tell you wanted to do more but you didn't. You made sure that my comfort was the top priority so no, you didn't hurt but I am a little bit sore." I hear him sigh.

"It was incredible. The best night I have ever had. Thank you Amber for giving me the opportunity to share this with you. You could have made me wait for as long as you wanted and I would have but thankfully you didn't." I move into his chest while hugging him. He is truly amazing.

"Amber, I didn't tell you last night but I have to leave for Italy again." Again?

"But, I want to take you with me this time. Will you?" I think about it. I don't know. I want to go and finally see Italy and to spend time with him but it is business and if I am with him he won't have his focus where it need to be.

"Ale, I would love to but we both know you need to be completely concentrated and if I am there your priority won't be your work."

"But I..."

"No Ale, you know I'm right."

"If you stay here something might happen again." I think about last time.

"Well, then maybe we can be more prepared. I have been training and even if I can't do much I still have a better chance at defending myself, plus we can make sure your best men are here with me. If they are all together they stand a better chance at protecting each other." I can see him thinking and after a long pause he sighs in defeat.

"Ok. I will plan out everything." I smile.

"I want to go with you, but I'm doing this in your best interest." He kisses me.

"There is really nobody else like you in the world." He always makes me feel so special.

"When are you leaving?"

"In about two weeks give or take. It actually depends on Nicholas' development. If he can work like before then I will leave but if he shows fatigue I will stay until he is ready."

"And for how long will you be gone?" He shakes his head.

"Again, I don't know." I was afraid of that answer.