CHAPTER 14

Nicholas

What is wrong with me? I am on my way to Alex's house and I can't help but feel happy to see Amber again. She is just so different, something about her makes everyone feel joyful. Heck, she even managed to make Blade smile a few times. I know I shouldn't feel whatever it is that I'm feeling but I can't help it. I know I should avoid her, Alessandro has feelings for her. Strong feelings. Not to mention he would kill me if I tried anything, even though I would never. I respect our friendship and besides,  I can't afford to have a weakness. Still, I couldn't help the slight excitement when he told me to bring her some clothes. I actually had Emily help me before she left to reunite with her family. Although it was a pain having to deal with her she picked everything out and I'm grateful because I wouldn't have been able to on my own.

I stop my thoughts as I pull up. Well, here we go. I get the bags out of the car and groan as I look at how many there are. Alessandro said to bring her some clothes but I swear Emily must have picked out the entire store! I roll my eyes. Women. As I make my way inside I see Melinda and Amber talking. I can hear Mel sharing some of her memories with her and I smile. Melinda is like a mother for a lot of us, she has always worried about us and taken care of us. Alex, Marcos and I were practically raised by her.

"Hello ladies." I interrupt.

"Hello dear, oh my! What is all of that?" Mel looks at me with wide eyes. Damn Emily.

"Um, Alessandro told me to bring Amber some clothing." I turn to look at Amber and as soon as she sees me she widens her eyes and speaks.

"All of that is for me?" She looks shocked and I nod.

"Yes, I wasn't going to bring this much but I made the mistake of asking Emily for help and well, this happened." I raise my arms. As much as I can anyway.

"If you'll excuse me I am going to take this to your room because I can no longer feel my hands." I turn around and walk over to the staircase then, I hear Mel still in the living room.

"Go show him your room dear." She whispers to Amber.

"Ok." I hear Amber answer and then I hear her tiny footsteps behind me, bringing a smile to my face.

"Um, hi." She taps my shoulder and waves as soon as I turn towards her.

"Hi, Amber." I smile once more.

"Do you want me to help you?" I laugh at how sweet she is.

"Don't worry cutie, I've taken care of much harder things." I can notice her blush.

"Ok." She follows me silently. Once we are upstairs I let her take the lead since I'm not entirely sure which one is her room. She opens the door for me.

"Um, the closet is over there." She points and goes over to open it and I rush in putting down the bags. Finally!

"Thank you." She smiles at me. I feel my knees go weak. How can this tiny female manage to thaw our hearts? Everyone on our team has become a cold and merciless person and with just being there she makes everyone seem normal. She makes us forget who we are and that frightens me, we can't forget who we are.

"No problem, boss' orders." I try to act as normal as I can.

"So, you saw Emily?" Her eyes brighten up.

"Yeah, she actually left a note for you in one of those bags I think." She gasps and grins.

"Really?" Her enthusiasm is contagious.

"Mhm. Anyway, how was you first day of working?" I know Melinda probably didn't let her do anything.

"Fine, although Mel only let me dust some things. I don't understand why Alessandro thinks she needs help. She seem to know exactly what she is doing." Yep. If only she knew how right she is, Alessandro just wants to avoid her getting hurt and I agree with his choice one-hundred percent.