CHAPTER 25

Warning: Violence.

Nicholas

Finally, today I get to go back to work. I hate sitting around doing nothing. Alessandro said that since he is busy sometimes and he doesn't want me to go back to danger so soon, I am in charge of helping Amber train. It also doesn't hurt to get back in shape after a month or so in bed. Apparently she has been practicing for about a week's time and Alessandro said she is learning quickly. He says her stamina isn't to good yet but that her technique is nearly impeccable. According to his own words, she is a perfectionist. She won't move onto something else unless she has managed to do things properly. I've seen Amber around but today I'll get to do something other than talk. All this time she is all I've managed to think about. It hurts to see her and Alessandro together but I also know I have no right to feel that way. All I can do is make the most of every experience I get with her.

"Hi Nico!" She waves and smiles at me.

"Hi cupcake." I smile back.

"You ready to go?" She nods.

"Yes!"

I had never seen someone so excited to exercise.

______________________________

I am deeply impressed. Alessandro wasn't kidding, she has so much determination in her. I stand here watching her practice the kick over and over. While for me it would have been extremely tedious repeating the same thing the entire session, for her it's nothing. She wants to master every single move correctly. Up until now she already knows how to punch and jab correctly. Today she is learning how to kick. She still hasn't built up too much strength but that will come with time. I watch her. Kick. Kick. Kick. One. Fifty. One hundred. She keeps going with nothing stopping her, not even the clear exhaustion on her face. I notice how she is starting to struggle to pick her legs up but she isn't finished. I continue my own training and after about another half hour I realize the two hours have passed.

"Ok little one, that is enough. It's time to leave." I see the relief in her face.

"Alessandro always tell me I do great but I want you to give me your opinion. I don't know if I should believe him entirely." She looks up at me expectedly.

"He wasn't lying Amber, you really are great. There is still so much that you have to learn but you are very determined. If you keep working this hard you'll be as good as any of us in no time." She is beaming.

"Let's get you out of here." We walk out of the room and we are almost out of here when we cross paths with Alicia the psycho. I had heard of her return but I hadn't actually had the misfortune of seeing her. She was actually a good team mate but ever since she became obsessed with the idea of Alessandro wanting her, she has changed completely and become insufferable.

"Hi Nicholas!" She then turns to look at Amber.

"Oh, so you're hanging out with her as well. I don't really understand what anyone sees in her." I frown deeply and am about to speak up when Amber interrupts me.

"Well, whatever they see is enough for them to like me more than they like you. I get it really, you're jealous but you should really just get over it. Alessandro doesn't want you, he wants me and everyone else prefers my company over yours. Work on that attitude and maybe you'll actually have someone who gives a fuck." I don't know how to process her words. I feel proud of her for not letting Alicia bully her, I feel a slight pain at the mention of Alessandro and complete and utter shock at her final words. Amber had never cursed before but when I turn to look at her, I realize I had never actually seen her pissed off. Alicia walks closer to Amber and she just straightens herself.